PCM Hammer Release 19

They go by many names, P01, P59, VPW, '0411 etc. Also covering E38 and newer here.
Phoenix
cars: 1983 Chevy C10
1993 Ford Mustang LX 5.0
2004 Pontiac GTO
2005 Pontiac GTO

Re: PCM Hammer Release 19

Post by Phoenix »

yoheer wrote:I can choose serial port only once. After incorrect selection and clicking to "Select device" the app wont respond at all. I won't be able to select the port anymore even after app restart. Removing the folder and clean unpacking helps only.
I'm having the same issue as well.

I then tried Release 18 and it worked fine with my OBDLink MX Firmware 4.3.2. I'll remove Release 19, re-install and try to select the correct COM port this time and see if it works as well.
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

Hi,

You need to delete the stored settings, see here: viewtopic.php?f=42&t=7053&start=40#p105451

BTW, Thank you for including the MX firmware version ... Could you please also include the MX hardware version, v1 uses the STN1150, v2 uses the STN1151, PcmHammer will provide this information in the first few lines of the log.

Thank you!

There is a fix to this waiting to be merged ...

-Enjoy
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
yoheer

Post by yoheer »

What about 96-00 PCMs? Any chances?
Phoenix
1993 Ford Mustang LX 5.0
2004 Pontiac GTO
2005 Pontiac GTO

Post by Phoenix »

Gampy wrote:Hi,

You need to delete the stored settings, see here: viewtopic.php?f=42&t=7053&start=40#p105451

BTW, Thank you for including the MX firmware version ... Could you please also include the MX hardware version, v1 uses the STN1150, v2 uses the STN1151, PcmHammer will provide this information in the first few lines of the log.

Thank you!

There is a fix to this waiting to be merged ...

-Enjoy
It shows STN1151.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

I think it'd be on a sticker on the device, if at all. Im pretty sure it used to say the version on their online site but they appear to have removed it. The only mention I can find now of the harware versions is on the firmware page here https://www.scantool.net/downloads/updates/obdlink_mx/ where there is different firmware for rev 1 and rev 2. That page mentions an obdlink app. If you have that and it provides information about the tool, it might tell you what hardware revision it is, and then we can relate hardware revision to which type of STN chip is in it.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

Phoenix wrote:It shows STN1151.
Thank ya, thank ya very much ...

So just to re-iterate and confirm, you have an MXv2 v4.3.2 (STN1151 v4.3.2) and it works great ??

It's interesting we have another user that has a MXv2 v4.7.4 (STN1151 v4.7.4) that has issues ...

Maybe it's the newer firmware that is the issue.

Just tried to save the v4.3.2 binaries, they seem to be no longer available, I was able to get the next newer, v4.5.0 just in case ...

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
Phoenix
1993 Ford Mustang LX 5.0
2004 Pontiac GTO
2005 Pontiac GTO

Post by Phoenix »

Gampy wrote:
Phoenix wrote:It shows STN1151.
Thank ya, thank ya very much ...

So just to re-iterate and confirm, you have an MXv2 v4.3.2 (STN1151 v4.3.2) and it works great ??

It's interesting we have another user that has a MXv2 v4.7.4 (STN1151 v4.7.4) that has issues ...

Maybe it's the newer firmware that is the issue.

Just tried to save the v4.3.2 binaries, they seem to be no longer available, I was able to get the next newer, v4.5.0 just in case ...
That is correct. I have an MXv2 v4.3.2 (STN1151 v4.3.2) and it works just fine for reading and writing. Reading entire takes about 18 minutes and write calibration only takes about 5 minutes. Wish there were a way to just read the calibration only.

I also have an OBDX Pro v2 that I have yet to use. I tried the Bluetooth approach and it can't seem to connect. I'll try a USB connection and see if I can cut those read times down. I assume the OBDX v2 can read and write at 4X?
Tazzi
cars: VE SS Ute

Post by Tazzi »

Phoenix wrote: That is correct. I have an MXv2 v4.3.2 (STN1151 v4.3.2) and it works just fine for reading and writing. Reading entire takes about 18 minutes and write calibration only takes about 5 minutes. Wish there were a way to just read the calibration only.

I also have an OBDX Pro v2 that I have yet to use. I tried the Bluetooth approach and it can't seem to connect. I'll try a USB connection and see if I can cut those read times down. I assume the OBDX v2 can read and write at 4X?
Its hard to do cal only due to the fact all editor softwares require the entire bin (OS and cal). Im sure a solution could be made, but none that I could recommend currently that dont require quite a database.

Windows is not the happiest camper when it comes to bluetooth. Its recommended to use USB when possible. And yes the OBDX Pro VT v2 do support 4x. :thumbup:
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
Phoenix
1993 Ford Mustang LX 5.0
2004 Pontiac GTO
2005 Pontiac GTO

Post by Phoenix »

Tazzi wrote:
Phoenix wrote: That is correct. I have an MXv2 v4.3.2 (STN1151 v4.3.2) and it works just fine for reading and writing. Reading entire takes about 18 minutes and write calibration only takes about 5 minutes. Wish there were a way to just read the calibration only.

Its hard to do cal only due to the fact all editor softwares require the entire bin (OS and cal). Im sure a solution could be made, but none that I could recommend currently that dont require quite a database.

Windows is not the happiest camper when it comes to bluetooth. Its recommended to use USB when possible. And yes the OBDX Pro VT v2 do support 4x. :thumbup:
Looks like I'm plugging it, thanks!
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

Phoenix wrote:That is correct. I have an MXv2 v4.3.2 (STN1151 v4.3.2) and it works just fine for reading and writing.
Awesome thanks for confirming ...

If anyone has the OBDLink MX (v1 & v2) firmware v4.3.2 squirreled away, it would be grand if you could post it here for posterity reasons ...

Thank you!