E38 problems

They go by many names, P01, P59, VPW, '0411 etc. Also covering E38 and newer here.
Vampyre
cars: grand am, trans am

Re: E38 problems

Post by Vampyre »

seeds
Ecm: OBE2
Tcm 4D28
Vampyre

Post by Vampyre »

ive been reading about the 2011 global a crap and it looks like with the tcm being jacked it could have corrupted the ecm which would be why it shows the weird vin and trace. found a gm techline article on not swapping modules in cars without programming because it can cause the issue we are having. Once bruteforce finds the key ill do a recovery on it back to 2011 sierra and possibly just do a sps refresh with his vin to take it back to stock and hey can start the tuning process over.
ironduke
cars: Mainly GM trucks, a Cruze and an Equinox for dailys..

Post by ironduke »

Vampyre wrote:ive been reading about the 2011 global a crap and it looks like with the tcm being jacked it could have corrupted the ecm which would be why it shows the weird vin and trace. found a gm techline article on not swapping modules in cars without programming because it can cause the issue we are having. Once bruteforce finds the key ill do a recovery on it back to 2011 sierra and possibly just do a sps refresh with his vin to take it back to stock and hey can start the tuning process over.
I can only speak from my experience. E38 isn't global A, I can swap them around easy enough between vehicles as long as I do the immo learn.. Not sure what the transmission is, 6 speed would be a T43 and same thing. not global A, should be able to swap them around fairley easily, not sure if the vin in the t43 even has to match. I've had them come in for other concerns and it has had a used trans installed for 2 years and low and behold the TCM vin is still from the donor vehicle .

What do you mean recover it back to a 2011?? The E38's can't be changed from year to year by writing just the OS and cal... Bad vins, semi-bricked ecu's with a bad seed-key is the result exactly as you've described..
If that is what you have tried then that is what caused the problem, not pulling the cord, I'm sure it wasn't good for the TCM, but if it is a T43 it's pretty much bulletproof as far as flashing.. I've pulled cords, had program crashes,etc during calibration AND OS writes and it leaves it in some sort of a recovery mode where gm sps has always been ablw to recover it.. Now with the new techline connect, all bets are off with that piece of shit..
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Yeah it sounds like a successfully completed but mismatched OS write for the ECM hardware type, with no damage done from the disconnect, or damage to the TCM Calibration only which is now fixed.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Vampyre

Post by Vampyre »

yeah im staring to think something more happened than they are telling me, supposedly he was just writing the original file back to ecm with some tune edits but I doubted it from the get go with issue we were having. It didnt brick till i changed the vin from weird crap it had when it showed up to trucks original vin.
roughneck427
cars: 2002 Camaro
2008 Pontiac G8

Post by roughneck427 »

Vampyre wrote:seeds
Ecm: OBE2
Tcm 4D28

try 0BE2 or 3042 for the key
hsv08
cars: (EX) VT SENATOR 355 STROKER
(EX) VT SS 304 MANUAL
NOW VX V6 HACK

Post by hsv08 »

Cincinnatus wrote:Hsv08, elaborate on no access to ECU. You rewrote it so communication had to work somewhat.
What I mean is no access to it by Hptuners, they could log the vehicle, but couldn't write to it as the seed/key was screws and keep coming up with x36 unlocker code from memory.

Only way to recover was via SPS.
Re SPS the original OS and cal then do the tune cal rewrote via HPT

Good luck now though, God damn techline!
Vampyre

Post by Vampyre »

key was 0881, anyone have a way of figuring out what algo it was using?
ironduke
cars: Mainly GM trucks, a Cruze and an Equinox for dailys..

Post by ironduke »

Vampyre wrote:key was 0881, anyone have a way of figuring out what algo it was using?
I seriously doubt it was using an algo, more likely the eeprom section was written to during the incompatible OS write and the seed key location was either overwritten with garbage or the location information got changed so it was now looking in the wrong spot..
Vampyre

Post by Vampyre »

yeah found out the file written to it was a 09 file, cord pulled my ass. so I wrote a 11 file back into it and now have a new seed which doesnt work with old key so brute forcing it again because when i did recover i forgot to make sure it redid the slave and boot segment so its still all screwy.