Is it possible, High Idle Modification using 0411pcm

They go by many names, P01, P59, VPW, '0411 etc. Also covering E38 and newer here.
NoInfo
cars: AWD Astro Conversion Van 4.3v6

Is it possible, High Idle Modification using 0411pcm

Post by NoInfo »

Is it possible to have a high idle modification done using an unused input for the 0411 pcm?

Or maybe using the LS1 Boost OS? viewtopic.php?f=42&t=7482
Mostly interested in 0411 pcm on 4.3v6 with eventual plans for forced induction.
B52Bombardier1
cars: 1970 Chevy El Camino with an LM7 modern GM engine.

2013 Chevrolet SS Camaro

Re: Is it possible, High Idle Modification using 0411pcm

Post by B52Bombardier1 »

How high of an idle RPM do you wish to go? As you go higher, you will also need to also give it more air. I've gone as high as 800 RPM on both an 0896 and a 0411 PCM with little difficulty - up from the stock RPM of 550 - but my leg got a bit of a workout holding the brake pedal at that RPM.

So, how high is "high"?

Rick
NoInfo

Post by NoInfo »

Is that a limit of the IAC valve?

I would like it to be adjustable up to about 1100rpm.
Mostly interested in 0411 pcm on 4.3v6 with eventual plans for forced induction.
In-Tech

Post by In-Tech »

It's more like a PTO(Power Take Off) mode and is available mode in many GM controllers. I have not researched in the later controllers but it was for external water pumps as well as higher output from the alternator so they could drive external welders in the field.
NoInfo

Post by NoInfo »

I see that some of the trucks have:
Blue Connector
pin 22 PTO Switch Enable Signal
pin 52 PTO Status Signal
pin 78 PTO Engaged Signal

On the Express and Astro it looks like none of those are populated/used.
turbo_bu

Post by turbo_bu »

Yes, PTO is what your looking for. It was on some pickups and Kodiaks. I believe that it used the cruise control switches.
NSFW

Post by NSFW »

Please tell us more about your scenario.

When I was struggling with return-to-idle tuning, I set the idle to be 1200 RPM when AC was on (normally 750 RPM). So when I was out tinkering with idle settings, if I made a change that didn't work out, I would just turn on AC to band-aid the problem. It was a little weird but at least the engine wouldn't sputter and die at random intersections while I drove back home for another reflash.
Please don't PM me with technical questions - start a thread instead, and send me a link to it. That way I can answer in public, and help other people who have the same question. Thanks!
NoInfo

Post by NoInfo »

That is a great idea while working on tunes, TY!

I want to increase the idle for faster charging a battery bank.
NSFW

Post by NSFW »

That sounds very similar to what the Power To Off mode was for.

I don't know whether any 411/P01 operating systems support it, but PTO is definitely a feature in the 12587603 OS for the P59 PCM.
Please don't PM me with technical questions - start a thread instead, and send me a link to it. That way I can answer in public, and help other people who have the same question. Thanks!
turbo_bu

Post by turbo_bu »

I'm pretty sure that the code for the PTO is in each OS since there is a place for the PTO option in the vehicle platform table under the system segment. I do know that there are quite a few parameters for the PTO under the engine segment. If you are starting with an OS which didn't have the PTO enabled, those parameters might be zeroed out. You would just have to copy over that section of code from a truck that had PTO enabled.