Mother of all 7603 XDF files

They go by many names, P01, P59, VPW, '0411 etc. Also covering E38 and newer here.
persingc
cars: 64 c10
63 impala

Re: Mother of all 7603 XDF files

Post by persingc »

slowtahoe wrote:I think I found some errors in the Transmission Calibration->Cruise section. The min and max values seem to be reversed on a lot of the parameters. Max is 0 and min is 65536. Whenever you edit the value it automatically jumps it to 511.

Good catch! Thanks Phoenix for fixing!
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

If you are both happy and Phoenix's is the latest, please update the first post and remove my note sending users to the one later in the thread. I might save someone downloading the wrong one. Thanks :)
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
persingc
cars: 64 c10
63 impala

Post by persingc »

antus wrote:If you are both happy and Phoenix's is the latest, please update the first post and remove my note sending users to the one later in the thread. I might save someone downloading the wrong one. Thanks :)

Done.
NSFW

Post by NSFW »

I'm pretty sure I found the parameter that causes the 10 second wait before you can unlock the PCM, but when I change it, the check sum doesn't get updated, so I haven't been able to test it yet.

Does anyone know how to get TunerPro to fix the checksums outside the calibration section?
UnlockDelay.png
UnlockDelay.png (242.58 KiB) Viewed 14737 times
Please don't PM me with technical questions - start a thread instead, and send me a link to it. That way I can answer in public, and help other people who have the same question. Thanks!
antus
Site Admin
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute

Post by antus »

You figure out the right checksum plugin, or you use universal patcher to fix it. https://universalpatcher.net/fix-checksums/

If you look in the xdf (as an xml file) down the bottom you see

Code: Select all

<XDFCHECKSUM uniqueid="0x76F5">
    <title>GM P01/P59 checksum plugin</title>
    <REGION>
      <pluginmoduleid>a8d1fdd7-d985-4b09-9979-2735b69cc9a6</pluginmoduleid>
      <datastart>0x0</datastart>
      <dataend>0x0</dataend>
      <storeaddress>0x0</storeaddress>
      <calculationmethod>0x0</calculationmethod>
    </REGION>
  </XDFCHECKSUM>
If you google a8d1fdd7-d985-4b09-9979-2735b69cc9a6 you land in https://github.com/joukoy/gm-checksum-p ... ecksum.xdf

If you step out a level, and guess its GM-P01-P59-checksum-plugin.dll in the same location and look at that dll in a hex editor you indeed see the matching GUID. So the plugin is https://github.com/joukoy/gm-checksum-p ... plugin.dll
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
NSFW

Post by NSFW »

Thanks for the info about the checksum stuff. Universal patcher sounded easier though, so I went with that.

I set the new time to 1 second, out of concern that setting it zero might lead to an off-by-one error somewhere - it probably won't, but I'm paranoid. Today I tested it in the car, and it worked. I did a full flash to get the OS blocks with the parameter change and the checksum change, and then was able to do two test writes with only a 1-second wait.

I wish I'd figured this out sooner, there's been days where I did 5-6 flashes working on my idle, and each of those is a whole minute of my life that I won't get back. :)
Please don't PM me with technical questions - start a thread instead, and send me a link to it. That way I can answer in public, and help other people who have the same question. Thanks!
antus
Site Admin
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute

Post by antus »

NSFW

Post by NSFW »

Oh no. I might not come out ahead on this one. :)
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

Ya think! :roll:

-Enjoy
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
trlrider
cars: 2004 Chevrolet Avalanche
1993 Chevrolet Suburban
1994 Chevrolet 1500
1986 Chevrolet K5 Blazer

Post by trlrider »

so the file in the 1st post is the latest and greatest now?
Have been out for awhile and just now getting back to my project.
You all are awesome. Thanks for all you do for the community!
persingc wrote:
antus wrote:If you are both happy and Phoenix's is the latest, please update the first post and remove my note sending users to the one later in the thread. I might save someone downloading the wrong one. Thanks :)

Done.