Mother of all 7603 XDF files

They go by many names, P01, P59, VPW, '0411 etc. Also covering E38 and newer here.
persingc
cars: 64 c10
63 impala

Re: Mother of all 7603 XDF files

Post by persingc »

B52Bombardier1 wrote:Hello,

I have been watching the development of this on that other forum and all I can say is thanks. I have not tried your XDF but I do possess one of the versions and I can't keep up with the pace of your upgrades. I wish I could do this kind of work.

Rick
The vast majority of it was just me and a text editor for probably 60 hours at least until version 4. Adding to it see what it looked like in tunerpro and checking it against what an old demo copy of efilive showed. This latest version will most likely be it for a while unless mistakes are found. There are plenty more parameters that could be added but I'm not certain how useful they would be.
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

Github can be very overwhelming to those new to it, however it is really very simple when done with the correct steps.

Most make the mistake of cloning the original repository, create a fork and clone the fork!
The only way to upload to a repository that is not yours is through a fork that is yours ...
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
MudDuck514
cars: 2001 Pontiac Grand AM SE
LD9 2.4l I4, 4T40E
2005 Chevrolet Venture
LA1 3400 V6, 4T65E

Post by MudDuck514 »

kojab wrote:I Managed to down load it via my mobile ? Thanks Tried again from Desktop still 0 bytes ??

Big thanks for your hard work and thanks to others who were previously involved.
Hi all;

Sent a link to my phone, then downloaded the file.
111KB with 2 files inside.

Mike
persingc
63 impala

Post by persingc »

There is currently an issue with several parameters under the fueling heading. Please do NOT attempt to make changes there. Once I get them fixed I'll post up a new version and it will also include a few new parameters.
persingc
63 impala

Post by persingc »

Gampy wrote:Github can be very overwhelming to those new to it, however it is really very simple when done with the correct steps.

Most make the mistake of cloning the original repository, create a fork and clone the fork!
The only way to upload to a repository that is not yours is through a fork that is yours ...
Well I'll let you tell me if I did it right. https://github.com/persingc/12587603

I haven't uploaded my latest version since I'm pretty much going through every parameter. so far I've added about 35 new parameters and fixed another 14.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Yep thats a good start. You can see the history of the files here: https://github.com/persingc/12587603/network and you can click on the points where you added and removed the test to see what changed in those "commits". You'd have the file uncompressed and unencrypted, then that network link (normally under 'insights' from the main repository page) will show what changed each time.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
persingc
63 impala

Post by persingc »

antus wrote:Yep thats a good start. You can see the history of the files here: https://github.com/persingc/12587603/network and you can click on the points where you added and removed the test to see what changed in those "commits". You'd have the file uncompressed and unencrypted, then that network link (normally under 'insights' from the main repository page) will show what changed each time.
Awesome! Thank you!
persingc
63 impala

Post by persingc »

antus wrote:Yep thats a good start. You can see the history of the files here: https://github.com/persingc/12587603/network and you can click on the points where you added and removed the test to see what changed in those "commits". You'd have the file uncompressed and unencrypted, then that network link (normally under 'insights' from the main repository page) will show what changed each time.

Well I think it's ready. Posted the link in the first post. If you happen to have some time and a way to test I would greatly appreciate it.
rusthoarder
cars: 1948 cadillac, 1955 buick, multiple LS donor vehicles

Post by rusthoarder »

How do I download it? When I click the download button the file opens up into code but no download.
persingc
63 impala

Post by persingc »

rusthoarder wrote:How do I download it? When I click the download button the file opens up into code but no download.
Try right clicking and save target as.