Mother of all 7603 XDF files

They go by many names, P01, P59, VPW, '0411 etc. Also covering E38 and newer here.
rusthoarder
cars: 1948 cadillac, 1955 buick, multiple LS donor vehicles

Re: Mother of all 7603 XDF files

Post by rusthoarder »

persingc wrote:
rusthoarder wrote:How do I download it? When I click the download button the file opens up into code but no download.
Try right clicking and save target as.
got it by downloading the zipped version, didnt have the save target option. Thanks!
persingc
cars: 64 c10
63 impala

Post by persingc »

Version 7 uploaded. Fixed all but 2 engine cal parameters.
persingc
63 impala

Post by persingc »

Version 8 is now available at the link above. All diagnostic fields have been verified\fixed, All parameters sorted, previous issues resolved, and a few descriptions added.

Again if you find a problem please let me know.
Thorwon
cars: 2007 Hemi powered JKUR
1987 YJ
1955 CJ5
1988 MJ Comanche

Post by Thorwon »

persingc wrote:Version 8 is now available at the link above. All diagnostic fields have been verified\fixed, All parameters sorted, previous issues resolved, and a few descriptions added.

Just so you know, I've been using your "Mother of all 7603 XDF files" on my 4.3 V6 tune. This is the computer I'm running my 4.0l Jeep engine with.
As far as I can tell everything I've looked at with it is good. :punk:
Bad things happen FAST!!!
persingc
63 impala

Post by persingc »

Thorwon wrote:
persingc wrote:Version 8 is now available at the link above. All diagnostic fields have been verified\fixed, All parameters sorted, previous issues resolved, and a few descriptions added.

Just so you know, I've been using your "Mother of all 7603 XDF files" on my 4.3 V6 tune. This is the computer I'm running my 4.0l Jeep engine with.
As far as I can tell everything I've looked at with it is good. :punk:
Good deal! Make sure you grab the latest one as there were some issues. I've tried my best to make this at least as good as one of the commercially available softwares. I've verified every parameter that has a name like "letterxxx - "
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

Appreciate your work bud, and it is that, a lot of work.
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
persingc
63 impala

Post by persingc »

Gampy wrote:Appreciate your work bud, and it is that, a lot of work.
Glad I could contribute. I don't ha e a running setup yet but I suspect I'll have to do something similar with an admx unless you have that has been fully vetted, but with pcmlogger and logviewerhd there isn't much of a need for it except to just keep it all in one app.
NSFW

Post by NSFW »

ADX is an awkard format... I wrote PCM Logger just so I wouldn't have to look at an ADX file again. :)
Please don't PM me with technical questions - start a thread instead, and send me a link to it. That way I can answer in public, and help other people who have the same question. Thanks!
persingc
63 impala

Post by persingc »

Capture3.PNG
Capture3.PNG (131.73 KiB) Viewed 11337 times
NSFW wrote:ADX is an awkard format... I wrote PCM Logger just so I wouldn't have to look at an ADX file again. :)
LOL no doubt! I tried fighting with admx before I started the xdf and quickly decided that I needed to work on low hanging fruit instead. I've look at others til lI was blue in the face and wasn't able to covert from other well established admx for other cables into elm327. I mean the others handle them in hex and in a different format and I realize elm327 is sent in ASCii but come back in hex, but I couldn't get it to make since. I'd be more than happy to put in the time converting and making a good admx for the ODBX pro but I guess I've ran out of talent. It would be super sweet if the creators of of the OBDX Pro would write one up. I really appreciate pcm logger NSFW. With it and megalogviewer HD I think I have a commercial equivalent setup. Since I don't have a running setup yet if someone could send me some complete logs of their vehicle run\driving I'll finish making histograms and post them up. When I say complete I mean just about everything all in 1 log file not just the 2 default setups in pcmlogger. I'm still very very new to EFI tuning so maybe I'm thinking I need more data than I really do.
Capture3.PNG
Capture3.PNG (131.73 KiB) Viewed 11337 times
persingc
63 impala

Post by persingc »

Version 9 now available. A couple new parameters, additional comments, sorting.