L31 supercharged 0411 running 2 tbi's

They go by many names, P01, P59, VPW, '0411 etc. Also covering E38 and newer here.
Boostedforlife

L31 supercharged 0411 running 2 tbi's

Post by Boostedforlife »

Just thinking out loud here. I have a 6-71 blower and a l31 vortec with 0411 pcm. Now would it be possible to run 2 tbi's instead of carbs. I was just gonna turbo it but the intakes are close in price and have always wanted a supercharged monte carlo. And already have the blower laying around.

I was thinking 2 454 tbi's would be enough fuel and air. Could be wrong still have to look at injector size and flow rates. But doing it this way always me to keep the charge cooling and still have fuel injection.open to ideas and overall knowledge.
In-Tech

Re: L31 supercharged 0411 running 2 tbi's

Post by In-Tech »

Hiya, cool project.
I did this years ago even with the TBI 'puter. Intentionally GM doesn't use the IAT but the code is there. I turned it active and scaled in the 7427. IAT is super important with a roots. The 0411 already has it, make sure you use it after the blower and/or intercooler.

Definitely your 2 454 TBI's should be good to about 600 fwhp. The air isn't the problem, adjust the fuel pressure to get the fuel you need with 4 injectors.
Boostedforlife

Post by Boostedforlife »

All right thanks for the info yes plan on having the iat after. I figured it would be close on the fuel side not air. But yeah I think it would be cool. I would just run the injectors below but I think the roots would need the charge cooling to keep it from getting crazy hot. But I could be wrong. My first one.
In-Tech

Post by In-Tech »

yes, definitely the roots will appreciate the fuel cooling. If possible, keep the IAT as high up in the manifold as you can, it's a thermistor so it doesn't mind wet much but always faster response if it is dry.