PCM Hammer P12 development

They go by many names, P01, P59, VPW, '0411 etc. Also covering E38 and newer here.
spyder09
cars: saturn ion redline
hhr ss

Re: PCM Hammer P12 development

Post by spyder09 »

I have seen that slaves match between certain primary OS’s and the same with shadows. Specifically attached 2 separate 06 SS files because although the same year and car make, the OS got substantial upgrades appears to me to be halfway to an 07 OS if that makes sense
spyder09
hhr ss

Post by spyder09 »

I’ll say this, if someone has a 2mb p12 and would like me to try to read out the files like I have done with these others, please pm me and we can discuss being able to get it in my hands and sent back. I cannot disclose a whole lot of the how I’ve read these so far without prior consent from my tutor haha
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Well I wouldnt want you to burn your bridges, but I will say that one way you can do it with usbjtag or usbbdm-nt similar to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVBxSNdFr7A which is a demo for the closely related E40. I dont have the connection points for P12 and P12b, so we'd need to identify those. They may be on the products site. I have a P12 PCM and I have the older usdbdm-nt variant which I have used on the P01 and the P59. Its a good tool.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
kur4o

Post by kur4o »

spyder09 wrote:bin dump #3
This bin seems cut in half, should be 2mb.

It will be great to post more bins out of different platforms OS. There is some beta dtc support for this files. STill working on the dtc encoding.
With more samples some, some quick mapping for base tables can be done.
bubba2533
cars: 03 Chevy S10 Turbo V6

Post by bubba2533 »

I’m interested to know more about the slave/shadow thing that is being talked about. If anyone can explain or point to other documents that would explain it that would be helpful.
LS1 Boost OS V3 Here. For feature suggestions post in here Development Thread. Support future development ->Patreon.
spyder09
hhr ss

Post by spyder09 »

kur4o wrote:

It will be great to post more bins out of different platforms OS. There is some beta dtc support for this files. STill working on the dtc encoding.

I have plenty more bins to post, can post more it just sucks I can only post a few attachments at a time thats why I did seperate posts with 4 attachments per on the last page.
Last edited by spyder09 on Fri Apr 22, 2022 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
spyder09
hhr ss

Post by spyder09 »

antus wrote:Well I wouldnt want you to burn your bridges, but I will say that one way you can do it with usbjtag or usbbdm-nt similar to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVBxSNdFr7A which is a demo for the closely related E40. I dont have the connection points for P12 and P12b, so we'd need to identify those. They may be on the products site. I have a P12 PCM and I have the older usdbdm-nt variant which I have used on the P01 and the P59. Its a good tool.
I can say youre on the right path with hard/software, will need approval before i disclose any connections
kur4o

Post by kur4o »

spyder09 wrote:
kur4o wrote:

I have plenty more bins to post, can post more it just sucks I can only post a few attachments at a time thats why I did seperate posts with 4 attachments per on the last page.

FYI I extracted the bin and found that everything from the end of 1mb to 2mb was all F out. Granted this is extracting the data not reading it with the tool but I believe this to be the case either way, appears even if it is a 2mb chip only the first 1mb is used

It is not that case. There is tons of data of the upper range 1mb+, so Maybe the tool you use is set to read only upto 1mb.

You can try to zip the files per OS, if that makes it easier for you.
spyder09
hhr ss

Post by spyder09 »

approval to post cpu info :)

mc68377/77 cpu
kur4o

Post by kur4o »

spyder09,

I see you can recover these pcm even the slave cpu. We can do some testing for slave flashing securely. An mdi or avt or obdxpro cable will be needed.