Universalpatcher with Logger & Analyzer

They go by many names, P01, P59, VPW, '0411 etc. Also covering E38 and newer here.
Cincinnatus
cars: 97 Corvette
92 Camaro
2005 Silverado
2001 Savana 2500
1998 c3500hd
1998 tahoe

Re: Universalpatcher with Logger & Analyzer

Post by Cincinnatus »

So it will just log binary? I found gm lan Bible online that contains breakdown of 11 and 29 bit frames. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=1
jlvaldez
cars: '01 - Corvette Z06
'20 - Sierra Denali
'03 - Volvo S80 T6
'16 - Accord V6

Post by jlvaldez »

This is exciting to see.

I like the analyzer function ;)

With regards to can, i work with it pretty much every day and could help on the analyzer functionality. I'm assuming this is all written in c#?
joukoy
cars: --

Post by joukoy »

jlvaldez wrote:This is exciting to see.

I like the analyzer function ;)

With regards to can, i work with it pretty much every day and could help on the analyzer functionality. I'm assuming this is all written in c#?
Yes, written in c#.

Can you look file Datalogger\Analyzer.cs, and send ideas, how it should be modified for CAN?
ironduke
cars: Mainly GM trucks, a Cruze and an Equinox for dailys..

Post by ironduke »

One quick thing I've been playing with, someone else had errors with the E38 and the vin that was read using universal patcher..

I noticed something in the eeprom that might work a little better, tested with approx 50 E38 bins and it works on all of them..
If anyone has a lot of E38 bins(especially if they have the vin number in the file name to check against) they could try the changes below.. It's not a big deal but seems like an easy fix?

In the e38.xml down in the eeprom section at the bottom I changed

<CheckWords>a5a0:326:1cc:CWvin,a5a0:1da:b4:CWvin,a5a0:1be:b8:CWvin</CheckWords>

to this

<CheckWords>0000:71:b8:CWvin,0000:6d:b4:CWvin</CheckWords>
Phoenix
cars: 1983 Chevy C10
1993 Ford Mustang LX 5.0
2004 Pontiac GTO
2005 Pontiac GTO

Post by Phoenix »

I'm playing with the software and I need some help figuring something out. I love the fact that x and y can be swapped, but is there a way to change what Tunerpro calls "Major Order" between Row and Column?
kur4o

Post by kur4o »

There is Rowmajor checkbox for each entry, that is similar to the tunerpro settings. However to use it properly you need to swap axis too:labels, names and size, otherwise it will print data with wrong axis length.

You need to switch to tablelist view and scroll to the RowMajor column.
Gene Thompson
cars: 1965 Impala SS
1970 Chevelle SS

Post by Gene Thompson »

First of all thanks to everyone involved in sharing these tools. I am late to the party so I still have a lot to learn.
I have been checking out Universal Patcher and I like the layout of things. I have made some minor changes to
a bin file and checked them in tuner pro and seems that I have a fairly good handle on how to make these changes
and save them. My problem is that when I want to write this calibration to the PCM I get a message to Please try again
on a less important PCM. The test write seems to complete fine no problem. Can someone please point out what I am doing
wrong?https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UrpNQU ... sp=sharing
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

read the dialog beforehand and press the other button.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Gene Thompson
cars: 1965 Impala SS
1970 Chevelle SS

Post by Gene Thompson »

Thanks antus, I read it but I didn't catch what it was really asking me. Sorry for the ignorance.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Its worded like that to encourage people to slow down and be careful and read so hopefully people make less mistakes and shoot themselves in the foot less.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396