PCM Hammer Release 020

They go by many names, P01, P59, VPW, '0411 etc. Also covering E38 and newer here.
NSFW

PCM Hammer Release 020

Post by NSFW »

PCM Hammer 021 is out now, please use that one instead:
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=7843

===================

There are no changes to flashing, but there are significant improvements to data logging:

The app can now tell the PCM to send a stream of data, rather than requesting each row of data.
If you select an unsupported parameter, you'll get an error instead of just a bunch of zeros in the log.
If you select too many parameters, you'll get an error instead of just no logging. (in RC2)
With ELM devices, if you don't have enough parameters selected, you'll get an error message instead of erratic data rates.
If you change devices while logging, the app doesn't crash, and the parameter grid repopulates correctly.

There are improvements in other areas as well:

Support for more AVT devices, contributed by Antus.
Support for a new OBDX Pro VC device, contributed by Tazzi.
Support for command line parameters, contributed by Joukoy.
Better initialization of ELM devices, contributed by Gampy.
Depending on whether you've already done a test write or a full read, you'll either get a stern warning or a simple confirmation before you try to write to the flash.

Customary warning about flashing:

Please don't make OS or calibration changes in your only car. If something goes wrong, it may be a while before you drive that car again.

But, writing to flash memory is the only thing that can do any harm. Reading and data logging are perfectly safe.

The GitHub release page is here:
https://github.com/LegacyNsfw/PcmHacks/ ... 2.02.27.01

I'll attach the same .zip file to this post for convenience.

To test PCM Hammer, click Read Properties to confirm that you've selected the device correctly - it should print a few details about your PCM. Then try "Read Entire PCM" (it's in the Tools menu). And then, if you're feeling bold... and if you have a different car that you can use to drive to work... try writing the calibration or parameter blocks.

To test PCM Logger, select some parameters or open a log profile. Click the "record" button to save data to a file. The list of parameters we have so far is just the beginning, but it will take some work to figure out what we're missing. If you can help with that, please share at http://pcmhacking.net/ .

This project is still in its early stages. You may encounter bugs. The software may behave in strange ways. Please report such things to us so that we can fix them.

If anything goes wrong, please take detailed notes about the exact steps that you took, and please also copy the contents of the Debug tab and save it to a file. We'll need that to figure out what went wrong, how to fix it, and how to prevent it from happening to anyone else.
Attachments
PcmHammer020.zip
(2.1 MiB) Downloaded 261 times
Please don't PM me with technical questions - start a thread instead, and send me a link to it. That way I can answer in public, and help other people who have the same question. Thanks!
NSFW

Re: PCM Hammer Release 020

Post by NSFW »

PCM Hammer 021 is out now, please use that one instead.
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=7843
Please don't PM me with technical questions - start a thread instead, and send me a link to it. That way I can answer in public, and help other people who have the same question. Thanks!