0411 running a 2.5L Jeep engine

They go by many names, P01, P59, VPW, '0411 etc. Also covering E38 and newer here.
Thorwon
cars: 2007 Hemi powered JKUR
1987 YJ
1955 CJ5
1988 MJ Comanche

Re: 0411 running a 2.5L Jeep engine

Post by Thorwon »

Can someone explain the high octane / low octane tables? As in how does it know which one to use? There is a big difference in them.
The new reluctor seems to run better than the old one. The new one is a single pattern and the old one is the double pattern.
I'm running a F body 5.7 tune and so far it runs ok. I have driven it up and down the dirt road I live on. I haven't driven it on the road yet.
Tomorrow I'm going to take it for a drive and see how it runs. :driving:
Bad things happen FAST!!!
Tre-Cool
cars: VY SS UTE, VX Drag Car

Post by Tre-Cool »

there is a spark scaler, more knock will bias the timing to the lower octane spark map.
Thorwon
1987 YJ
1955 CJ5
1988 MJ Comanche

Post by Thorwon »

Tre-Cool wrote:there is a spark scaler, more knock will bias the timing to the lower octane spark map.

I'm running the 12212156 OS. So it uses the High map until it has knock then jumps to the Low map. Ok that makes sense.
Tre-Cool
cars: VY SS UTE, VX Drag Car

Post by Tre-Cool »

Thorwon wrote:
Tre-Cool wrote:there is a spark scaler, more knock will bias the timing to the lower octane spark map.

I'm running the 12212156 OS. So it uses the High map until it has knock then jumps to the Low map. Ok that makes sense.
yeah all ls1 onwards stuff works like that. not OS specific.
Charlescrown
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Post by Charlescrown »

Not 100% sure but I think when it knocks it interpolates between the 2 maps.
Phoenix
cars: 1983 Chevy C10
1993 Ford Mustang LX 5.0
2004 Pontiac GTO
2005 Pontiac GTO

Post by Phoenix »

Thorwon wrote:Can someone explain the high octane / low octane tables? As in how does it know which one to use? There is a big difference in them.
The new reluctor seems to run better than the old one. The new one is a single pattern and the old one is the double pattern.
I'm running a F body 5.7 tune and so far it runs ok. I have driven it up and down the dirt road I live on. I haven't driven it on the road yet.
Tomorrow I'm going to take it for a drive and see how it runs. :driving:
In the attached XDF look at the parameters under Engine Calibration>Spark>Octane Learn. These parameters are what bias the timing towards either high or low octane tables.
Attachments
12212156 OS - V.9.2.zip
(141.88 KiB) Downloaded 60 times
Thorwon
1987 YJ
1955 CJ5
1988 MJ Comanche

Post by Thorwon »

mod edit: Fix quote
Phoenix wrote:In the attached XDF look at the parameters under Engine Calibration>Spark>Octane Learn. These parameters are what bias the timing towards either high or low octane tables.
All I can say is WOW. That XDF is very detailed.

Ok, when I look at the flag to enable it, it's not checked. ( B6220 - Adaptive Octane Learn Modifier Enable )

So does that mean it only uses the high or low octane table?
RADustin

Post by RADustin »

Thorwon wrote:I've found a place that'll laser cut parts. So I sent them this drawing (the PDF) to see how good they do. I ordered 4 of them and it was under $100. That included zinc plating.

I'm pleased to report the parts are very nice. They came in a blister pack and well protected.

Now I need to know. Can use this reluctor with the 0411 as long as I use the correct CPS.

I'm hoping to be able get back to this little project next week. I'll post results when I can.
24x trigger wheel 5 inch test part.pdf
reluctor.png
reluctor 2.png
the vortec 4x crank sensor will work on that single pattern wheel. LS sensor is for dual pattern wheels.
Thorwon
1987 YJ
1955 CJ5
1988 MJ Comanche

Post by Thorwon »

RADustin wrote:
Thorwon wrote:I've found a place that'll laser cut parts. So I sent them this drawing (the PDF) to see how good they do. I ordered 4 of them and it was under $100. That included zinc plating.

I'm pleased to report the parts are very nice. They came in a blister pack and well protected.

Now I need to know. Can use this reluctor with the 0411 as long as I use the correct CPS.

I'm hoping to be able get back to this little project next week. I'll post results when I can.
24x trigger wheel 5 inch test part.pdf
reluctor.png
reluctor 2.png
the vortec 4x crank sensor will work on that single pattern wheel. LS sensor is for dual pattern wheels.

I'm using the black LS sensor and it seems to be running great.
I think I have one of those around here somewhere, I may try it and see if there's a difference.