Flex Fuel and Lean Cruise Patches for OS 12592433

They go by many names, P01, P59, VPW, '0411 etc. Also covering E38 and newer here.
Phoenix
cars: 1983 Chevy C10
1993 Ford Mustang LX 5.0
2004 Pontiac GTO
2005 Pontiac GTO

Flex Fuel and Lean Cruise Patches for OS 12592433

Post by Phoenix »

With gas prices going through the roof I thought that posting an XDF that could improve your fuel economy and fuel selection might be helpful. All of this information is already out there, I just compiled it in a single XDF and made two patches so that it would be easy to implement. Make sure you have a copy of your bin file before applying the patches as they cannot be removed, but the two functions can be turned off in the XDF later if so desired.

!!! DISCLAIMER !!!
I'M NOT RESPONSIBLE IF FLEX FUEL OR LEAN CRUISE BLOW UP OR MELT YOUR ENGINE. BE SMART, USE YOUR BRAIN AND ASK QUESTIONS IF YOU ARE NOT SURE ABOUT SOMETHING.

FLEX FUEL PATCH - Applying this patch will turn FF on and populate all the necessary parameters with values taken from a P59 2004 Flex Fuel Silverado L59. There are 30+ parameters that need to change for FF to work as the factory intended and they are automatically populated when applying the patch. Will additional tuning be required? Of course. The patch gives you a good starting point.

YOU WILL NEED TO INSTALL AND WIRE IN A GM FLEX FUEL SENSOR BEFORE APPLYING THIS PATCH!!! There are some notes in the patch parameter summary, but it is not by any means a complete write up.

LEAN CRUISE PATCH - Applying this patch will turn on Lean Cruise like in the Holden vehicles and populate all the necessary parameters with values taken from a 2004 5.7L Holden Commodore M6. There are 9 parameters that need to change for Lean Cruise to work and they are automatically populated when applying the patch. Again be smart, use a wideband and verify that the PCM is applying Lean Cruise correctly.

Make sure you do a full flash (Write Entire) of the bin file after applying the Lean Cruise patch.

If you see multiple tables for the same address those are duplicates with either different units on the rows and columns, different units in the parameter or the rows and columns are transposed to make it easier to copy and paste from other sources. No need to change them all, a change in one will be reflected in the others.

If you see any errors, please comment so that I can make any necessary changes.
Attachments
Flex Fuel and Lean Cruise Patches for GM OS 12592433.xdf
(133.07 KiB) Downloaded 132 times
GM-P01-P59-checksum-plugin.dll
(11 KiB) Downloaded 115 times