PCM Hammer Release 021

They go by many names, P01, P59, VPW, '0411 etc. Also covering E38 and newer here.
Gampy

Re: PCM Hammer Release 021

Post by Gampy »

bubba2533 wrote:It seems this version of PCM Hammer does not like my new Custom OS.

When trying to flash it gives me an error:

Code: Select all

[12:08:22:442]  PCM and image file are both operating system 76030003
Unknown OsID ... Would just need to be added to PcmInfo, there is a PR up that would make this easier without over complicating it.
bubba2533 wrote:Another thing that would be nice is to have the ability to do a flash of both calibration sectors (Stock=008000-01FFFF & Custom OS=0E0000-0FFFFF).

I'm currently doing a "Write OS, Calibration, and Boot" to flash Cal changes, which makes it a little more dangerous for the user.
Shouldn't be that difficult to implement if everyone agrees ...
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
NSFW

Post by NSFW »

antus wrote:I dont think its two byte values, at least its not by the J1939 spec which GM should not be able to break while maintaining OBD2 compliance. I think it is 2 bytes of bits here so that should work as is.
Cool. In that case we just need to define new parameters that look at the specific bits.
Please don't PM me with technical questions - start a thread instead, and send me a link to it. That way I can answer in public, and help other people who have the same question. Thanks!
NSFW

Post by NSFW »

Gampy wrote:
bubba2533 wrote:It seems this version of PCM Hammer does not like my new Custom OS.

When trying to flash it gives me an error:

Code: Select all

[12:08:22:442]  PCM and image file are both operating system 76030003
Unknown OsID ... Would just need to be added to PcmInfo, there is a PR up that would make this easier without over complicating it.
bubba2533 wrote:Another thing that would be nice is to have the ability to do a flash of both calibration sectors (Stock=008000-01FFFF & Custom OS=0E0000-0FFFFF).

I'm currently doing a "Write OS, Calibration, and Boot" to flash Cal changes, which makes it a little more dangerous for the user.
Shouldn't be that difficult to implement if everyone agrees ...
I'm totally on board with adding the OSID, and 04, 05, 06, etc... planning ahead. :)
I haven't seen the PR yet but it sounds like a good idea.

It'll take some creativity to add support for the 2nd calibration sector without causing all other users to wait for an unnecessary CRC check on that segment. I'll think on it though, there's probably a way.
Please don't PM me with technical questions - start a thread instead, and send me a link to it. That way I can answer in public, and help other people who have the same question. Thanks!
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

I dont think os cal and boot is as dangerous as it might sound ss identical sectors eg at least boot wont be erased and written if they are identical. its more about considering those sectors when deciding what to do. Though maybe when we detect this COS we could do a os plus cal write transperently to pick up the right sectors without confusing the ui for the majority of users.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
spyder09
cars: saturn ion redline
hhr ss

Post by spyder09 »

What exactly are you doing to make it a “custom OS”? If there is anything specific I can help with please let me know, I have a p12 here as a bench unit I can flash to a couple different OS’s and test logging etc. I also have hp tuners so if any of that info helps let me know
spyder09
hhr ss

Post by spyder09 »

Also if anyone is good at disassembling the code to figure out what is going on I would be very interested in getting help doing atleast 1 OS. There is some hidden settings not exposed, and hoping for some other settings to be burried in the binary that is in other p12 OSs
spyder09
hhr ss

Post by spyder09 »

if I come across a p12 that PCM hammer still cant detect as p12, how can I add that OS to the program so it can pull a bin file?
NSFW

Post by NSFW »

spyder09 wrote:if I come across a p12 that PCM hammer still cant detect as p12, how can I add that OS to the program so it can pull a bin file?
Right now, you'd have to edit the code and recompile.

But, Gampy has submitted a change that will make it possible to add support for more operating systems just by editing an XML file. I'm pretty sure that will be part of the next release.

EDIT: ...but in the meantime, what's the OS ID that you've found? We can add that to the XML before the next release.
spyder09
hhr ss

Post by spyder09 »

NSFW wrote:
spyder09 wrote:if I come across a p12 that PCM hammer still cant detect as p12, how can I add that OS to the program so it can pull a bin file?

But, Gampy has submitted a change that will make it possible to add support for more operating systems just by editing an XML file. I'm pretty sure that will be part of the next release.

EDIT: ...but in the meantime, what's the OS ID that you've found? We can add that to the XML before the next release.

12623279 and 12605256
spyder09
hhr ss

Post by spyder09 »

NSFW wrote:

forgive me as I am new to github and have never compiled anything from there before. Would I edit the \Apps\PcmLibrary\Misc\PcmInfo.cs file, add the OS ID's in the p12 1m list or 2m list, save that file then complie that to .exe, which I am not 100% sure on how to do yet haha