PCM Hammer Release 021

They go by many names, P01, P59, VPW, '0411 etc. Also covering E38 and newer here.
spyder09
cars: saturn ion redline
hhr ss

Re: PCM Hammer Release 021

Post by spyder09 »

Tazzi wrote:
Gampy wrote:I see the OBDXPro doesn't report voltage, nor does it report what it receives (No RX: lines) ...

The OS version has nothing to do with failures, just coincidence, what could correlate is the hardware number.

-Enjoy
I might need to update the OBDX pro routines to output voltage and decoded rx line. Will make it easier for debugging.
I also have a vcx nano should I try that also
In-Tech

Post by In-Tech »

Tazzi wrote:
Gampy wrote:I see the OBDXPro doesn't report voltage, nor does it report what it receives (No RX: lines) ...

The OS version has nothing to do with failures, just coincidence, what could correlate is the hardware number.

-Enjoy
I might need to update the OBDX pro routines to output voltage and decoded rx line. Will make it easier for debugging.
Yes!!! please :) And to voltage...it take more current to erase as well as write. And it must be "clean" for the micro or flash to work correctly.
spyder09
hhr ss

Post by spyder09 »

I can attempt a write using the obdxpro VT and then the vxdiag vcxnano and upload that log, seems like the vcx is writing now but doesn’t seem to be using 4x speed? I’ll upload logs later today
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

spyder09 wrote:I can attempt a write using the obdxpro VT and then the vxdiag vcxnano and upload that log, seems like the vcx is writing now but doesn’t seem to be using 4x speed? I’ll upload logs later today
That is what I find most odd ... Your VCX Nano is having issues!

I'm pretty sure it's the most widely used low cost VCI ... I know of no one else with issues.

-Enjoy
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
spyder09
hhr ss

Post by spyder09 »

Gampy wrote:
spyder09 wrote:I can attempt a write using the obdxpro VT and then the vxdiag vcxnano and upload that log, seems like the vcx is writing now but doesn’t seem to be using 4x speed? I’ll upload logs later today
That is what I find most odd ... Your VCX Nano is having issues!

I'm pretty sure it's the most widely used low cost VCI ... I know of no one else with issues.

-Enjoy
Well it’s writing just I assume it’s only writing at 1x….only guessing tho from what I’ve seen with 4x speed on the ones that worked with obdxpro
spyder09
hhr ss

Post by spyder09 »

see attachments, looks like timestamp is at end. oldest to newest. first is obdxpro, 2nd is error out with what i assume is the program swapping cable settings, and last is successful flash with vcx
Attachments
PcmHammer_userLog_20230119.zip
(569.84 KiB) Downloaded 44 times
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

It looks like the xpro is not waiting as long as the J2534 and pcmhammer is timing out earlier... if it waited just a tiny bit longer I think it'd work. I've ping'd Tazzi to see what he thinks.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Tazzi
cars: VE SS Ute

Post by Tazzi »

Thanks Ant,

A single line in the OBDX Pro Device class needs to be updated from 500 to... say... 1000?

Feel free to give a go at editing it and see what value it comes to.

If you search the OBDXProDevice class for the following, you will find it:

Code: Select all

async private Task<bool> WaitForSerial(ushort NumBytes, int timeout = 0)
        {
            if (timeout == 0)
            {
                timeout = 500;
            }
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
spyder09
hhr ss

Post by spyder09 »

I am not familiar with github or how to compile pcmhammer from the files posted there. Is there a step by step for compiling this program somewhere? Also want to add other OS numbers to it so it can pull the bins out
zack4200
cars: 1982 Chevy Chevette 3400 LA1 swapped
1986 Chevy Chevette
1998 Chevy s10

Post by zack4200 »

spyder09 wrote:I am not familiar with github or how to compile pcmhammer from the files posted there. Is there a step by step for compiling this program somewhere? Also want to add other OS numbers to it so it can pull the bins out
Gampy made this guide that worked well for me to get it compiled viewtopic.php?f=4&t=8008&start=30

One thing I'd like to add is that in newer versions of VS, they switched from the Team Explorer that Gampy's guide is based around so you'll want to use VS2019 or older, and be sure to disable the newer Git interface. I didn't realize that at first and had a bit of a hard time figuring out why Gampy's guide didn't quite match what I had in VS.
https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/visua ... ew=vs-2019

Code: Select all

Important

With the release of Visual Studio 2019 version 16.8, the Git version control experience is on by default. If you'd like to learn more about how it compares with Team Explorer, see the Side-by-side comparison of Git and Team Explorer page.

However, if you prefer to continue to use Team Explorer in Visual Studio 2019, go to Tools > Options > Environment > Preview Features and then toggle the New Git user experience checkbox. (This option is not available in Visual Studio 2022 and later.)