PCM Hammer Release 021

They go by many names, P01, P59, VPW, '0411 etc. Also covering E38 and newer here.
bill12690

Re: PCM Hammer Release 021

Post by bill12690 »

Gampy wrote:Thank you!
bill12690 wrote:[06:33:29:453) Kemel Version: 01030500
Interesting ...
My apologies, I noticed an error in my previous message and edited it accordingly. The kernel version should be 0103050C. Image to text conversion failure on my part!
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

Oh, ok ... Are you aware there are multiple ways to save PCM Hammers logs as text files ...

1. File, Save ...
2. Options, Settings, Log, Save on exit ...
3. Click in the displayed text box and copy by either of the following two techniques ...
. . Right Click, Select All, Right Click Copy
Or
. . Ctrl-A, Ctrl-C
And
. . Paste into Notepad, and save as ...

Then you can attach them via the 'Upload Attachment' process here on the PcmHacking website.
While in the Post Editor (Not Quick Reply), look to the lower left,
Select: Upload Attachment
Select: Browse
. Browse to the Log file you saved and select it.
Select: Open

Select: Add The File

-Enjoy
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
bill12690

Post by bill12690 »

Gampy wrote:Oh, ok ... Are you aware there are multiple ways to save PCM Hammers logs as text files ...

1. File, Save ...
2. Options, Settings, Log, Save on exit ...
3. Click in the displayed text box and copy by either of the following two techniques ...
. . Right Click, Select All, Right Click Copy
Or
. . Ctrl-A, Ctrl-C
And
. . Paste into Notepad, and save as ...

Then you can attach them via the 'Upload Attachment' process here on the PcmHacking website.
While in the Post Editor (Not Quick Reply), look to the lower left,
Select: Upload Attachment
Select: Browse
. Browse to the Log file you saved and select it.
Select: Open

Select: Add The File

-Enjoy
I have since been copying and pasting the log files manually, I just didn't happen to in that particular case for some reason, but I had snapped a picture with my phone to find an XDF later based off the OSID. Oversight on my.part, but have been saving them straight from PCM Hammer ever since!
spyder09
cars: saturn ion redline
hhr ss

Post by spyder09 »

another failed write ugh. i have 0 issues with the power supply im using when writing directly to the chips so i doubt thats the smoking gun :/
Attachments
pcm hammer debug 1-14-23.txt
(45.35 KiB) Downloaded 46 times
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

spyder09 wrote:another failed write ugh. i have 0 issues with the power supply im using when writing directly to the chips so i doubt thats the smoking gun :/
Just because it works with a programmer does not mean it's good for a VCI, and every different VCI design will react differently to the quality of power delivered.

It's more about the level/quality of power conditioning and fault tolerances in the individual VCI.
Wiring also plays a big role ... We had a user that was constantly getting failures, until he rearranged the cables on his bench.

Not saying it is for sure a power issue ...

-Enjoy

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
spyder09
hhr ss

Post by spyder09 »

Gampy wrote:
spyder09 wrote:another failed write ugh. i have 0 issues with the power supply im using when writing directly to the chips so i doubt thats the smoking gun :/
Just because it works with a programmer does not mean it's good for a VCI, and every different VCI design will react differently to the quality of power delivered.

It's more about the level/quality of power conditioning and fault tolerances in the individual VCI.
Wiring also plays a big role ... We had a user that was constantly getting failures, until he rearranged the cables on his bench.

Not saying it is for sure a power issue ...

-Enjoy
I will order another power supply tonight but was able to write one just now without issues, tried the same PCM again that failed before was able to read it out, but not write to it still fails on erase flash
spyder09
hhr ss

Post by spyder09 »

see attachment
Attachments
pcm hammer debug 1-15-23.txt
(1016.05 KiB) Downloaded 51 times
spyder09
hhr ss

Post by spyder09 »

attaching new debug file

fyi attempted to flash 4 different ones in a row. was able to read each out without issues, first 3 failed to write (all 3 seemed to be 12597978 OS on the pcm) all failing as soon as it tries to erase flash. Last one was a different OS 12605261 and was able to flash successfully
Attachments
pcm hammer debug 1-15-23 failes and success.txt
(697.78 KiB) Downloaded 48 times
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

I see the OBDXPro doesn't report voltage, nor does it report what it receives (No RX: lines) ...

The OS version has nothing to do with failures, just coincidence, what could correlate is the hardware number.

-Enjoy

Tazzi
cars: VE SS Ute

Post by Tazzi »

Gampy wrote:I see the OBDXPro doesn't report voltage, nor does it report what it receives (No RX: lines) ...

The OS version has nothing to do with failures, just coincidence, what could correlate is the hardware number.

-Enjoy
I might need to update the OBDX pro routines to output voltage and decoded rx line. Will make it easier for debugging.
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726