PCM Hammer Release 021

They go by many names, P01, P59, VPW, '0411 etc. Also covering E38 and newer here.
Gampy

Re: PCM Hammer Release 021

Post by Gampy »

Tazzi wrote:I feel like my old VX nano used a dedicated J1850 transceiver just like the ECUs. The issue with these is getting stock is getting extremely hard.
I wonder if the newer ones are trying to transistors/mosfets instead due to parts shortage, and they are unable the handle the 4x speed?
Yea, I'm suspecting something like that or they are clones ...

I probably should order one for testing, I just really dislike the licensing scheme and the I AM GOD software that doesn't like to be friendly ... It's like big daddy holding his thumb over ya!

-Enjoy
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
Tazzi
cars: VE SS Ute

Post by Tazzi »

Gampy wrote: Yea, I'm suspecting something like that or they are clones ...

I probably should order one for testing, I just really dislike the licensing scheme and the I AM GOD software that doesn't like to be friendly ... It's like big daddy holding his thumb over ya!

-Enjoy
I personally believe they are getting a large enough client basis to eventually turn it into a paid subscription. I imagine it will be cheap, but it would be in the hands of enough people (1million+) that when they do move it over to a paid system, itll be a constant pay day for them.

They never use to have a licensing system for the j2534. Its been put in place for a reason.
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

Tazzi wrote:I personally believe they are getting a large enough client basis to eventually turn it into a paid subscription. I imagine it will be cheap, but it would be in the hands of enough people (1million+) that when they do move it over to a paid system, itll be a constant pay day for them.

They never use to have a licensing system for the j2534. Its been put in place for a reason.
The sad part is, many things in this new world are heading that way, if that trend continues pretty soon door knob manufactures are going to charge a per use fee to open your house doors!

-Enjoy

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
Tazzi
cars: VE SS Ute

Post by Tazzi »

Gampy wrote:
Tazzi wrote:I personally believe they are getting a large enough client basis to eventually turn it into a paid subscription. I imagine it will be cheap, but it would be in the hands of enough people (1million+) that when they do move it over to a paid system, itll be a constant pay day for them.

The sad part is, many things in this new world are heading that way, if that trend continues pretty soon door knob manufactures are going to charge a per use fee to open your house doors!

-Enjoy
If they were adding some sort of ability that is desirable and made that paid, I would understand. But to switch everyone over will be chaos. They might not do it, could be well off base with that analysis, but it is a possibility based on how they have designed their system so far.
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

I think the license is to block clones. The drivers are heavily protected and the need for phone home licensing means they can see whats calling home and detect and block clones when they see devices with identifiers that shouldnt exist or too many devices with the same identifiers.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
In-Tech

Post by In-Tech »

yes, and that sucks antus. Some of it in the asic maprom level :( all of it fixable with enough time spent, just not available to the lay :comp:
Vetteyog
cars: 2001 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible
2004 GMC Envoy XL

Post by Vetteyog »

I am getting errors when trying to read my 2004 GMC Envoy I6, P10 PCM, it reads the VIN, OS & calibration, but then I get...

Hardware ID query failed : ERROR

When I try to save the BIN, I get the following errors...

No seed to reponse received, unable to unlock PCM
Unlock was not successful.

Then nothing else happens.

I tried to attach a pic of the screen, but could not.

I would also like to get my hands on a 12587608 XDF file once i get these issues figures out.

Thank you.
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

Please post a debug log so we can see what's happening.

Thank you
-Enjoy

Vetteyog
cars: 2001 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible
2004 GMC Envoy XL

Post by Vetteyog »

Gampy wrote:Please post a debug log so we can see what's happening.

Thank you
-Enjoy
Thanks for the fast reply I'll do that tomorrow. I did realize I was using the Microsoft store version. Would that be different than the zip file?
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

I'm not sure what version is in the store, the latest release is 021.

I do suspect that the OS on that PCM is unknown, I could be wrong!

-Enjoy