PCM Hammer Release 021

They go by many names, P01, P59, VPW, '0411 etc. Also covering E38 and newer here.
Gampy

Re: PCM Hammer Release 021

Post by Gampy »

Again, Awesome!

-Enjoy
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

I second that, the first vendor to update their product to the spec with problems reported by users. Good work Scanmatik :thumbup: Happy to see 4x speed as well.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
vwnut8392
cars: AAN powered 83 audi 4000 quattro
1983 audi UR quattro
1992 GTI VR6

Post by vwnut8392 »

antus wrote:I second that, the first vendor to update their product to the spec with problems reported by users. Good work Scanmatik :thumbup: Happy to see 4x speed as well.
been messing with it all day today with the milk crate of P01's and P59's i've collected out of my buddys junkyard thats been sitting here collecting dust for years. looking at code disassembly on them in IDApro now. very interesting stuff in here and the guy who did the boost OS stuff did some interesting work as well but unfortunately he locked us all out of the XDF with a password so i cant modify that anymore. really wanted to change some units of measure equations in that for personal use at least and if the equations worked i'd just post them up here for others to add to their XDF if they felt the need.
vwnut8392
1983 audi UR quattro
1992 GTI VR6

Post by vwnut8392 »

dont know if any other hardware has bluetooth capabilites but the SM2 pro does and i just test read a P59 on my bench over bluetooth. its just as fast reading over bluetooth as it is over the USB cable! impressive! first tool i've ever had that would read an ECU over bluetooth without giving me problems or just simply refusing to do it.
antus
Site Admin
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute

Post by antus »

Bubba is the author of boostos. He's put a lot of time in to it and I get the support angle of locking the XDF because some people (not saying you) do crazy things and re-post them and cause problems for other people. As far as I know he has a patreon to recover something for the time spent and he might be willing to work with you if you think it'd be better if some things were done differently. You'd have to ask him though. The Xpro stuff has bluetooth, as do some of the scantool products but wired is generally recommended. Great if the scanmatik works no hastle.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
vwnut8392
1983 audi UR quattro
1992 GTI VR6

Post by vwnut8392 »

antus wrote:Bubba is the author of boostos. He's put a lot of time in to it and I get the support angle of locking the XDF because some people (not saying you) do crazy things and re-post them and cause problems for other people. As far as I know he has a patreon to recover something for the time spent and he might be willing to work with you if you think it'd be better if some things were done differently. You'd have to ask him though. The Xpro stuff has bluetooth, as do some of the scantool products but wired is generally recommended. Great if the scanmatik works no hastle.
yeah it worked with absolutely no problem over bluetooth. i just knew the SM2 pro was like inches away from working with this reflash software. i know the guy at scanmatik put a pile of time into developing it because of the plethora of other things i have seen and even used it to reflash. when it comes to my german car habbit this tool does literally everything i need with PCMflash software except older motronic ME7 ECU's. like 1 away from a reflash tool thats affordable that does literally everything i need. thats not on scanmatik though, thats the developer of PCMflash's choice to not add support for those older brain boxes. the scanmatik would do it no problem, i know it would. this is literally my favorite tool in my arsenal now for sure!
Sudsy

Post by Sudsy »

G'day Guys,

I'm new at this stuff so looking for recommendations for a diagnostic cable that works with PCM Hammer and Tuner pro that doesn't break the bank.

Cheers Bob
antus
Site Admin
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute

Post by antus »

Tunerpro doesnt flash, but supports any file which someone has made an XDF for and where there is any 3rd party tool that can read and write that system. So what your really asking for is a low cost, good quality pcmhammer cable. We'd generally recommend the OBD XPro (VT or GT depending what you want to use it for and what is in stock) as its developed by one of the members here and who verifies it works with pcmhammer and contributes to PCMHammer. It also has ever growing compatability with J2534 software, such as factory tools. Scantool brand OBDLink is known to work, but price is similar and it is a lot slower (less than 25% of the speed), and the bluetooth ones can be problematic on windows. They've also been known to break compatibility in a non-backwards compatible way, so its not recommended if you have other options. Tools like factory MDI clone work well but are at the higher cost point. Other J2534 tools may or may not work. Most do, but they are not all tested and some do strange things that break pcmhammer. If you have one try it, but its generally not worth buying one without testing it first.
Sudsy

Post by Sudsy »

antus wrote:Tunerpro doesnt flash, but supports any file which someone has made an XDF for and where there is any 3rd party tool that can read and write that system. So what your really asking for is a low cost, good quality pcmhammer cable. We'd generally recommend the OBD XPro (VT or GT depending what you want to use it for and what is in stock) as its developed by one of the members here and who verifies it works with pcmhammer and contributes to PCMHammer. It also has ever growing compatability with J2534 software, such as factory tools. Scantool brand OBDLink is known to work, but price is similar and it is a lot slower (less than 25% of the speed), and the bluetooth ones can be problematic on windows. They've also been known to break compatibility in a non-backwards compatible way, so its not recommended if you have other options. Tools like factory MDI clone work well but are at the higher cost point. Other J2534 tools may or may not work. Most do, but they are not all tested and some do strange things that break pcmhammer. If you have one try it, but its generally not worth buying one without testing it first.

Thanks for your reply. Do you know if they come shipped with a cable or is there a special cable needed as well. I couldn't see any mention of it on the site
MudDuck514
cars: 2001 Pontiac Grand AM SE
LD9 2.4l I4, 4T40E
2005 Chevrolet Venture
LA1 3400 V6, 4T65E

Post by MudDuck514 »

Sudsy wrote: Thanks for your reply. Do you know if they come shipped with a cable or is there a special cable needed as well. I couldn't see any mention of it on the site
When I bought mine a couple of years ago, they didn't come with the cable (standard micro USB). Fortunately they are plentiful and cheap (DollarTree ones worked fine).
My understanding is NOW they include a good quality cable with the device! BONUS!

Mike