reflash P59 tac module

They go by many names, P01, P59, VPW, '0411 etc. Also covering E38 and newer here.
RADustin

Re: reflash P59 tac module

Post by RADustin »

kur4o wrote:https://ecmhack.com/flashhack/

With ftdi cable using this program will be able to dump bin in mode2. If tac support it.

We need to have a log of pcm-tac communication, Can you wire the modules and intercept the wire that goes to pcm.

With mdi and universal patcher you can monitor aldl in j-console.

You need to set protocol to gm_uart_ps baud=8192 and for pins use 00000900. The aldl is at pin9 on obd2 connector.
using 22.1.0 logger it doesn't appear to have a selection for a J2534 tool? Its just an empty selection box. The protocols and baud rate selections are empty as well.

am I missing a config file?
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

On tab J-Console, if the Device Type drop down list in the group box J-Console is empty, then you do not have a properly installed J2534 VCI ...
UniversalPatcher-Logger_DeviceType.jpg
UniversalPatcher-Logger_DeviceType.jpg (50.53 KiB) Viewed 1284 times
-Enjoy
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
kur4o

Post by kur4o »

Do you have mdi manager installed. It will add the registry entries needed for device selection.

It reads registry for all installed j-2534 dlls and should list them no matter they are connected or not.

Or there is some weird bug.
RADustin

Post by RADustin »

Gampy wrote:On tab J-Console, if the Device Type drop down list in the group box J-Console is empty, then you do not have a properly installed J2534 VCI ...
UniversalPatcher-Logger_DeviceType.jpg
-Enjoy
thanks I forgot about setting up the MDI on this new laptop. I think I'm rolling now.

just waiting on some J1962 connectors to arrive and I'll make a little breakout harness for the MDI.
RADustin

Post by RADustin »

kur4o wrote:Do you have mdi manager installed. It will add the registry entries needed for device selection.

It reads registry for all installed j-2534 dlls and should list them no matter they are connected or not.

it was me I believe. Much appreciate the help.
RADustin

Post by RADustin »

kur4o wrote:Do you have mdi manager installed. It will add the registry entries needed for device selection.

I got everything setup, scrapped some stuff together as I couldn't wait lol.

The logger wasn't really working. Every now and again it would catch some bytes. pin 16 on 12volts and pins 4and5 grounded. pin 9 to either of the two data lines, same results.
This was the logger setup- says err_channel_in_use. Not sure what that means or how to fix it?
Logger Setup.png
Logger Setup.png (41.13 KiB) Viewed 1246 times
only data recorded during log-
P59 TAC Coms.rtf
(314 Bytes) Downloaded 53 times
video logging on oscope. setup to analyze RS232 at 8192. (same data line the MDI is on)
Log on Oscope.mp4
(5.16 MiB) Downloaded 934 times
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

Maybe because the pins are not set ...

As kur4o stated ...
kur4o wrote:and for pins use 00000900. The aldl is at pin9 on obd2 connector.
The above value should be in the Set pins box.

-Enjoy
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
RADustin

Post by RADustin »

Gampy wrote:Maybe because the pins are not set ...

As kur4o stated ...
kur4o wrote:and for pins use 00000900. The aldl is at pin9 on obd2 connector.
The above value should be in the Set pins box.

-Enjoy
I tried setting it. once saved and reopened it looks like my screen grab. Even trying to log with it discretely there it still acted exactly the same.
kur4o

Post by kur4o »

Just to rule out any new added bugs. Here is a copy of some older version, and a screenshot of random aldl pcm idle log.

I will look at some schematics. I think pcm have 1 wire for communication to tac.

The messages you got seems valid. Longer log will be nice to find patterns
Attachments
UniversalPatcher_0_0_21_11.rar
(951.84 KiB) Downloaded 53 times
aldl_j-console.JPG
aldl_j-console.JPG (121.67 KiB) Viewed 1212 times
kur4o

Post by kur4o »

I found some random schematics.

There is 2 lines marked as aldl. Not sure if they are separate or tied internally in modules, to reduce the risk of loosing tac control.

Pcm 1mb blue,green pin14 pin 15 blue connector
tac pin12 pin 13 connector tan c1

Can you check if pins are tied internally in modules, if they are tied it is one channel communication and it doesn`t matter where you will intercept.
If they are not tied it could be dual channel communication.

edit:512kb pcm uses same pinout