Getting started with reversing P01/P59

They go by many names, P01, P59, VPW, '0411 etc. Also covering E38 and newer here.
Vetteyog
cars: 2001 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible
2004 GMC Envoy XL

Re: Getting started with reversing P01/P59

Post by Vetteyog »

L5hunter wrote:Here it is - I spent quite a bit of time scouring various corners of the net, and have a pretty comprehensive list. https://github.com/hkaase/P01P59XDFRepository

At this point, if you are active in XDF development, I would be more than willing to add you to this repository. If you aren't familiar with Git or uncomfortable using it, shoot me a PM, and I will be happy to get you up to speed. That way we can ensure everyone has access to the latest and most cutting edge XDFs.

Once we start seeing more P10/P12 activity, we can also direct development of XDFs for those OSes here to simplify the search process.
I tried to download the XDF from the link and there is no download button. Where can I find more XDF files for a P10. I'm working on a 2004 GMC Envoy XL.
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

What OsID ??

GitHub is absolutely worthless as an XDF repository ... IMNSHO!

-Enjoy
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

I dont think there are any XDFs for a P10 yet (happy to be wrong!) use universal patcher, it can find some things.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

Then you'll be happy Antus!

Because thanks to Phoenix there is one: 12587430 OS V.1.2.xdf :thumbup:

-Enjoy

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
Phoenix
cars: 1983 Chevy C10
1993 Ford Mustang LX 5.0
2004 Pontiac GTO
2005 Pontiac GTO

Post by Phoenix »

Gampy wrote:Then you'll be happy Antus!

-Enjoy
Edit: Changes file name to help with confusion. Added date it was posted to the name.

That is an older version, guess I never got around to posting the latest version as I am still not happy with the way the DTC tables are. Basically instead of a DTC being a byte like in the P01/P59, in this OS every DTC is determined by the individual bit. Basically the only way presently to define them in Tunerpro is to create individual flags that change a bit. I still don't feel like making 621 different flags for an OS that I will likely never use. If I ever need to use it, I'll just define as needed. Also I'm not sure how to calculate the checksum when saving the file, maybe Universal Patcher can?

Either way, I'm attaching it here and just be warned that the XDF is for informational and research purposes only, I would not recommend using it on your daily driver, but maybe playing with it on a bench set up.
Attachments
12587430 OS 2023-03-11.xdf
(409.16 KiB) Downloaded 61 times
2002 GMC Envoy_4.2L_OSID 12587430.bin
(512 KiB) Downloaded 63 times
Last edited by Phoenix on Sun Mar 12, 2023 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

Pheonix,

Could we fix the versions/names please, they are confusing, it appears the older one is newer by version ...
The older one is marked: 12587430 OS V.1.2.xdf
The newer one is marked: 12587430 OS Beta V.1.xdf

Thank you!
-Enjoy

Phoenix
cars: 1983 Chevy C10
1993 Ford Mustang LX 5.0
2004 Pontiac GTO
2005 Pontiac GTO

Post by Phoenix »

Gampy wrote:Pheonix,

Could we fix the versions/names please, they are confusing, it appears the older one is newer by version ...
The older one is marked: 12587430 OS V.1.2.xdf
The newer one is marked: 12587430 OS Beta V.1.xdf

Thank you!
-Enjoy
No problem. I think I'll just start adding the date of the revision in the file name to avoid confusion. Thanks!
Vetteyog
cars: 2001 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible
2004 GMC Envoy XL

Post by Vetteyog »

Phoenix wrote:
Gampy wrote:Then you'll be happy Antus!

-Enjoy
Edit: Changes file name to help with confusion. Added date it was posted to the name.

That is an older version, guess I never got around to posting the latest version as I am still not happy with the way the DTC tables are. Basically instead of a DTC being a byte like in the P01/P59, in this OS every DTC is determined by the individual bit. Basically the only way presently to define them in Tunerpro is to create individual flags that change a bit. I still don't feel like making 621 different flags for an OS that I will likely never use. If I ever need to use it, I'll just define as needed. Also I'm not sure how to calculate the checksum when saving the file, maybe Universal Patcher can?

Either way, I'm attaching it here and just be warned that the XDF is for informational and research purposes only, I would not recommend using it on your daily driver, but maybe playing with it on a bench set up.
I'm messing around with a P10 and going to build a bench harness this weekend. I'll start diving in and see what happens... on a spare PCM.