Dbw, tps calculated airflow table?

They go by many names, P01, P59, VPW, '0411 etc. Also covering E38 and newer here.
Boostedforlife

Dbw, tps calculated airflow table?

Post by Boostedforlife »

What is this table called in tunerpro or UP?

I did an aggressive cam swap on dbw 5.3 and dies in gear at idle. Getting p0068. Research says its the tps calculated airflow table but not sure it I'm looking at the right table. UP has "ETC R-throttle table" I do believe not in front of my tuning laptop. Is There are like 4 that are similar.
kur4o

Re: Dbw, tps calculated airflow table?

Post by kur4o »

p0068 ia actual maf reading vs ve calculated airflow to measure throttle body performance.

You may have to disable it, or tune ve. It could be some threshold, but not known unless traced in disassembly.
Boostedforlife

Post by Boostedforlife »

Okay that's weird it doesn't set tell my map goes above about 70 kpa. Maf is disabled. Running boosted os v3. I read in hp tuner forum or efilivevthat that's the table that needs work

Exsample: before tuning idle kpa was 70-71 had to constantly move throttle or it would die (about 2-3minutes runtime) and lock throttle closed.(had to clear code to restart).

After a little timing and idle ve tuning kpa at 56-59 kpa. Will run as long as I want with no throttle play.

But go to drive and kpa goes to 70 kpa and will die after a few minutes with no throttle. But if you hit the throttle time restarts. Definitely p0068 that's set.

I see there is a vacuum fault timer for throttle set to 400 seconds

Not against turning it off or, that you are wrong you would know more about the code then me just giving as much info as possible but if the tables are there to make it work might as well use them and learn what they are.
kur4o

Post by kur4o »

With custom Os and no maf nobody can tell why the dtc pops, it is most likely the reason the engine dies.

Just disable the dtc since there is no way it will work with maf off.
p0068.JPG
RADustin

Post by RADustin »

C6101 and C6102 can be maxed during tuning to avoid finicky DBW issues. If you are speed density can leave 6102 maxed, and later tune in 6101.