PCM Hammer P04 Support Project

They go by many names, P01, P59, VPW, '0411 etc. Also covering E38 and newer here.
darkman5001
cars: 2004 Suburban, 2001 Tahoe, 2002 Envoy, 2006 Envoy, 2003 Lincoln LS

PCM Hammer P04 Support Project

Post by darkman5001 »

I am working on getting P04 PCMs supported using PCM Hammer. I am building a list of all P04 PCMs which needs to include the OSID as well as the flash chip. The only way to know what flash chip it has is to pull the cover. If anyone knows of a list to identify this information and is willing to post it here it would be greatly appreciated. Anyone who has a P04 PCM that wants to help, we need the OSID and any other info about the PCM you can provide. Also need to open the PCM to get a view of the circuit board. There are four screws holding the cover on, and then six screws holding the circuit board. If you can take pictures of any outside labels of the PCM, and pictures of both sides of the circuit board then that would be a huge help. I am building a huge PCM database with pictures, datasheets and any information I can get my hands on for all PCMs, GM and beyond. So far, I know that the P04 PCMs came with the Intel 28F400B5 flash chip and the AMD AM29F400B flash chip. There may be others, but I have examined four of these and they are they only two I have identified so far. I am working on building a modified version of PCM Hammer that can read both the intel and AMD versions. So far, I have been able to read the Intel flash chip with a max block size of 2048, and the AMD max block size of 512. I want to do some test writes, however I need a test write kernel to make this possible. Gampy, I am sure you could be of great help with this.

Bottom line - Anyone who possesses a P04 PCM who is willing to pop it open and take a couple pictures and post here would be greatly appreciated. I also need an OSID.

Thank you to all willing to make PCM Hammer even greater, and expanding it beyond four PCMs.
Thorwon
cars: 2007 Hemi powered JKUR
1987 YJ
1955 CJ5
1988 MJ Comanche

Re: PCM Hammer P04 Support Project

Post by Thorwon »

darkman5001 wrote:I am working on getting P04 PCMs supported using PCM Hammer. I am building a list of all P04 PCMs which needs to include the OSID as well as the flash chip. The only way to know what flash chip it has is to pull the cover. If anyone knows of a list to identify this information and is willing to post it here it would be greatly appreciated. Anyone who has a P04 PCM that wants to help, we need the OSID and any other info about the PCM you can provide. Also need to open the PCM to get a view of the circuit board. There are four screws holding the cover on, and then six screws holding the circuit board. If you can take pictures of any outside labels of the PCM, and pictures of both sides of the circuit board then that would be a huge help. I am building a huge PCM database with pictures, datasheets and any information I can get my hands on for all PCMs, GM and beyond. So far, I know that the P04 PCMs came with the Intel 28F400B5 flash chip and the AMD AM29F400B flash chip. There may be others, but I have examined four of these and they are they only two I have identified so far. I am working on building a modified version of PCM Hammer that can read both the intel and AMD versions. So far, I have been able to read the Intel flash chip with a max block size of 2048, and the AMD max block size of 512. I want to do some test writes, however I need a test write kernel to make this possible. Gampy, I am sure you could be of great help with this.

Bottom line - Anyone who possesses a P04 PCM who is willing to pop it open and take a couple pictures and post here would be greatly appreciated. I also need an OSID.

Thank you to all willing to make PCM Hammer even greater, and expanding it beyond four PCMs.
Take a look at this thread. I still have this PCM. If it'll help I can open it up and get more pics.
This is a 2001 OLDSMOBILE AURORA 3.5L. PCM.

viewtopic.php?f=42&t=7690&p=113343#p113343
Bad things happen FAST!!!
kur4o

Post by kur4o »

You don`t really need any chip identification. There are 2 types Intel up to 2004-2005 and AMD after that.

You can read chip ID, but that is really not needed.

Out of the 1500+ OS most share same code, calibration differs and a new pn is assigned. We need to make a chart of cross compatible OS numbers so they are treated as single case for tuning.
darkman5001

Post by darkman5001 »

Thorwon wrote:
darkman5001 wrote:I am working on getting P04 PCMs supported using PCM Hammer. I am building a list of all P04 PCMs which needs to include the OSID as well as the flash chip. The only way to know what flash chip it has is to pull the cover. If anyone knows of a list to identify this information and is willing to post it here it would be greatly appreciated. Anyone who has a P04 PCM that wants to help, we need the OSID and any other info about the PCM you can provide. Also need to open the PCM to get a view of the circuit board. There are four screws holding the cover on, and then six screws holding the circuit board. If you can take pictures of any outside labels of the PCM, and pictures of both sides of the circuit board then that would be a huge help. I am building a huge PCM database with pictures, datasheets and any information I can get my hands on for all PCMs, GM and beyond. So far, I know that the P04 PCMs came with the Intel 28F400B5 flash chip and the AMD AM29F400B flash chip. There may be others, but I have examined four of these and they are they only two I have identified so far. I am working on building a modified version of PCM Hammer that can read both the intel and AMD versions. So far, I have been able to read the Intel flash chip with a max block size of 2048, and the AMD max block size of 512. I want to do some test writes, however I need a test write kernel to make this possible. Gampy, I am sure you could be of great help with this.

Take a look at this thread. I still have this PCM. If it'll help I can open it up and get more pics.

Perfect. That's exactly what I need. Thank you.
darkman5001

Post by darkman5001 »

kur4o wrote:You don`t really need any chip identification. They are 2 types intel upto2004-2005 and AMD after that.

You can read chip ID, but that is really not needed.

Out of the 1500+ OS most share same code, calibration differs and a new pn is assigned. We need to make a chart of crosscompatible OS numbers so they are treated as single case for tuning.

I have a P04 here from a 2003 Impala with an AMD chip. I can read both Intel and AMD chips with PCM Hammer, but not with the same block transfer count. This is why I split the Intel models from the AMD models for testing purposes.
Thorwon
cars: 2007 Hemi powered JKUR
1987 YJ
1955 CJ5
1988 MJ Comanche

Post by Thorwon »

darkman5001 wrote:
Thorwon wrote:Take a look at this thread. I still have this PCM. If it'll help I can open it up and get more pics.

You're welcome.
I still have hopes of running a inline 6 Jeep engine with this PCM. I'm not a programmer, but anything I can help with I will.
Bad things happen FAST!!!
kur4o

Post by kur4o »

PCM hammer needs optimizing, to support all the chips for reading. for same OS it can be mixed kind of batch chips. Nobody knows.

I have a plan to look at it soon and find where it fails., but currently too busy with other projects.

I do have some scripts for reading p04, you can test them with amd and intel chips, and see how it goes.
darkman5001

Post by darkman5001 »

Thorwon wrote:
darkman5001 wrote:
Thorwon wrote:Take a look at this thread. I still have this PCM. If it'll help I can open it up and get more pics.

You're welcome.
I still have hopes of running a inline 6 Jeep engine with this PCM. I'm not a programmer, but anything I can help with I will.
Thorwon, is it possible for you to get a good closeup picture of the flash chip and the CPU? I need to verify the numbers on them.
darkman5001

Post by darkman5001 »

kur4o wrote:PCM hammer needs optimizing, to support all the chips for reading. for same OS it can be mixed kind of batch chips. Nobody knows.

I have a plan to look at it soon and find where it fails., but currently too busy with other projects.

I do have some scripts for reading p04, you can test them with amd and intel chips, and see how it goes.

Thank you Kur4o. I will take anything that will help with testing.
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

My P04 is here

Don't forget that V6 ability for pcm hammer. thread where my P04 PCM info is, it has some bad info, however it also has some great info ...

kur4o,
Does UP have a way to report Flash ID ??
Do y'all want it too ??

I really object to folks opening their units just to get the flash id ... It contaminates it's pristine interior, I know, to some this is not a big deal, but it is, especially in the rust belt.

-Enjoy
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!