Legacy VCM

They go by many names, P01, P59, VPW, '0411 etc. Also covering E38 and newer here.
spyder09
cars: saturn ion redline
hhr ss

Legacy VCM

Post by spyder09 »

Does anyone have a "WORKING" copy of 2.24 that will actually open .bin files? Preferably on a VM. I have a copy of 2.24 installed on win 10, 7, and xp VM and none of them will open a .bin file. I get to validate 7 99% step of opening and then error "Unable to parse hpt file."
Tre-Cool
cars: VY SS UTE, VX Drag Car

Re: Legacy VCM

Post by Tre-Cool »

https://www.torqueup.net/downloads/Hptuners/

i can open up the monaro bin in this directory with this version. but i get a bunch of validation errors opening up other bin files, so... dunno.
spyder09
hhr ss

Post by spyder09 »

bump
spyder09
hhr ss

Post by spyder09 »

Tre-Cool wrote:https://www.torqueup.net/downloads/Hptuners/

i can open up the monaro bin in this directory with this version. but i get a bunch of validation errors opening up other bin files, so... dunno.

I thought I had replied, i can open that bin from there as well but cannot open any other bin files I have. I am wondering if it is because of the file size?
Vampyre
cars: grand am, trans am

Post by Vampyre »

I think I still have 2.24 on my laptop, been there since i got the cd many moons ago
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

spyder09 wrote:I thought I had replied, i can open that bin from there as well but cannot open any other bin files I have. I am wondering if it is because of the file size?
I think it only ever opened P01 and maybe P59 bins. Plus files saved with newer version of the software have different encryption to stop the files working with older versions, in a bid to require you to keep updated and not run old versions. The one on the site probably works because it was created with a much older version, too.

If you want to work with P01 and P59 bin files you might as well use pcmhammer.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
spyder09
hhr ss

Post by spyder09 »

Vampyre wrote:I think I still have 2.24 on my laptop, been there since i got the cd many moons ago
do you mind trying to open one of the bin files from the p12 thread?
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

Do you need a copy of V2.24 still?