Enabling Fans with Universal Patcher

They go by many names, P01, P59, VPW, '0411 etc. Also covering E38 and newer here.
brandongarnold02
cars: None at the moment. Tuning my daily driver

Post by brandongarnold02 »

Here is a little tutorial I put together to help activate electric fans.

https://youtu.be/24b4g3AW37M
mattbta

Re: Enabling Fans with Universal Patcher

Post by mattbta »

Watched last night and learned something - the DTC's that you mentioned toward the end! Thanks for this.
brandongarnold02

mattbta wrote:Watched last night and learned something - the DTC's that you mentioned toward the end! Thanks for this.
No problem. Helps monitor for issues with the fans.
kur4o

Post by kur4o »

Hi brandongarlond2, thanks for making such great videos for using universal patcher.

I can give you some hints how it can be done with less manual work, even though going through each value and explaining indepth also have its benefits. You may already figured it out yourself, but may be a good tutorial for new users.

To mass copy tables from one bin to another you can use 2 methods.

First mark all tables that will be copied->right click->create patch...

A patch file will be generated that can be used later for adding the tables to another bin[open target bin and apply patch].
You can also add more tables to existing patch with ->add tables to existing patch... from another file for example

The other method for mass copying tables to single or multiple bins is

Mark all the needed tables->right click->copy selected tables to...
A new window will open where you can select multiple or single bin that will be used as a target to copying tables. just mark the needed bins that needs updating and click select files.

A report for each selected bin will be generated with available tables that will be copied. Than you can make final selection which bins get updated and save them with a prefix to bin name, and custom destination.
brandongarnold02

kur4o wrote:Hi brandongarlond2, thanks for making such great videos for using universal patcher.

I can give you some hints how it can be done with less manual work, even though going through each value and explaining indepth also have its benefits. You may already figured it out yourself, but may be a good tutorial for new users.

To mass copy tables from one bin to another you can use 2 methods.

First mark all tables that will be copied->right click->create patch...

A patch file will be generated that can be used later for adding the tables to another bin[open target bin and apply patch].
You can also add more tables to existing patch with ->add tables to existing patch... from another file for example

The other method for mass copying tables to single or multiple bins is

Mark all the needed tables->right click->copy selected tables to...
A new window will open where you can select multiple or single bin that will be used as a target to copying tables. just mark the needed bins that needs updating and click select files.

A report for each selected bin will be generated with available tables that will be copied. Than you can make final selection which bins get updated and save them with a prefix to bin name, and custom destination.

I was unaware of both of those options but just tried both and they are definitely much less work. Thanks for the new trick!