Massive GM file Repo

They go by many names, P01, P59, VPW, '0411 etc. Also covering E38 and newer here.
Vampyre
cars: grand am, trans am

Massive GM file Repo

Post by Vampyre »

I have been going through some spscache dumps people have posted and found some fun things that might help others out.

This thread will have a nice repo eventually(hopefully) of cals, xmls, and dll to help with design of programs or help in editing different modules in the vehicles.

To contribute to the cause just send a pm or post a link to your sps cache or preferably the entire sps folder as it holds manifests and other info to help decipher what all the different files are, where they go, and what they do.

As I get things more organized and parsed out I will post them here on the first post, eventually I may host them on my google drive depending on how many files there are.

Antus if any files or information is not allowed just let me know so I can remove it and make sure nothing else like it is poted.

adding link for cal page

https://github.com/vampperformance/cals ... 20platform
Last edited by Vampyre on Fri Apr 07, 2023 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
In-Tech

Re: Massive GM file Repo

Post by In-Tech »

Hello,
I have recently been using joukoy/kur4o bin builder to extract individual modules. Is this the kind of thing you are talking about? I have been collecting a shit ton of CAN stuff slave modules extracted to .bin too.
Sometimes I am bad at understanding. What are we trying to put together?

I really like how joukoy/kur4o "bin builder" saves the file by OS first and individual modules second. That way all OS will save correct addressing for modules. We can worry later to see if we can put a segment into a different OS. Good Times :thumbup:
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

I would expect all the sps files should be by cal number, and then we need a database of whats what.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

I recommend keeping everything local to pcmhacking.net so everything remains valid when they disappear offsite!

Nothing ruins a good thread like offsite data ...

-Enjoy
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
Vampyre

Post by Vampyre »

ive been buildinbg the data base of cal ids, some of the files are xmls and dlls. Also having the utility files can help with writing kernels, I have learned how to decipher the routine data so yeah me.
In-Tech wrote:Hello,
I have recently been using joukoy/kur4o bin builder to extract individual modules. Is this the kind of thing you are talking about? I have been collecting a shit ton of CAN stuff slave modules extracted to .bin too.
Sometimes I am bad at understanding. What are we trying to put together?

I really like how joukoy/kur4o "bin builder" saves the file by OS first and individual modules second. That way all OS will save correct addressing for modules. We can worry later to see if we can put a segment into a different OS. Good Times :thumbup:
yeah after extracting all the bins i have been using bin builder to sort and name them. I like how gear head has the files but its a pain searching for specific segments and I also want a place for more than just ecm cals since most of want to tinker with other modules.
Vampyre

Post by Vampyre »

Well did a bunch of digging today, got about 30k files to rummage through, 26.5k are bins from looks like 70s-08 plus all the file building tables dlls stuff and a bunch of other neat files.
Last edited by Vampyre on Tue Apr 04, 2023 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
darkman5001
cars: 2004 Suburban, 2001 Tahoe, 2002 Envoy, 2006 Envoy, 2003 Lincoln LS

Post by darkman5001 »

Vampyre wrote:Well did a bunch of digging in tis2k today, got about 30k files to rummage through, 26.5k are bins from looks like 70s-08 plus all the file building tables type4 stuff and a bunch of other neat files.
Which files in tis2k are you looking at and what software are you using? I have been searching tis2k for months and come up with nothing.
Vampyre

Post by Vampyre »

moved link
Last edited by Vampyre on Fri Apr 07, 2023 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vampyre

Post by Vampyre »

had some fun today
Last edited by Vampyre on Tue Apr 04, 2023 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zack4200
cars: 1982 Chevy Chevette 3400 LA1 swapped
1986 Chevy Chevette
1998 Chevy s10

Post by zack4200 »

Vampyre wrote:https://github.com/vampperformance/cals/tree/main/files

link to where i have them stored for now
looking to write a program to help sort them, and rename
Universal Patcher has a feature for sorting BINs, I'm not sure if it can currently do some of the other modules ie TCMs/BCMs or only PCMs, but it might be worth modifying/adding to rather than starting entirely from scratch with something new.