P10 Tuning

They go by many names, P01, P59, VPW, '0411 etc. Also covering E38 and newer here.
Gatecrasher

Re: P10 Tuning

Post by Gatecrasher »

I've got a couple of old Surface Pros that I've started using for diagnostics. Touchscreen with magnetic detachable keyboard. Best thing about them is they have a full sized USB port. They work great.
MudDuck514
cars: 2001 Pontiac Grand AM SE
LD9 2.4l I4, 4T40E
2005 Chevrolet Venture
LA1 3400 V6, 4T65E

Post by MudDuck514 »

Gatecrasher wrote:I've got a couple of old Surface Pros that I've started using for diagnostics. Touchscreen with magnetic detachable keyboard. Best thing about them is they have a full sized USB port. They work great.
Mine is an Onn "Tablet PC" type from Walmart. Only paid like $150 or so for it.
While the keyboard is NOT detachable, it folds back behind the display, which is also a touch screen.
HOPEFULLY I can also get Tech2Win to run on it!

Mike
Vetteyog
cars: 2001 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible
2004 GMC Envoy XL

Post by Vetteyog »

antus wrote:I think this because you changed OS, and PCMHammer does not write the 512 bytes or so of slave CPU data. I think thats where the electronic throttle stuff is. You'll need to go back to the original OS and edit it with universal patcher. If you want to change OS, then probably the only way at the moment would be to do a reflash with techline as I think that'll write the slave. Similar problems to on E38s with the slave and OS changes and tools that dont write it.

If we were to write those 512 bytes we'd have a whole lot of learning about how to access it on the P10, as currently we dont know how and the GM SPS process is a bit magic. Its inside the CPU, not in the flash chip, so its different to the main flash.

Tried a couple things tonight, with tuning my '04 Envoy. I cloned the original vehicles tune back into my spare PCM, truck ran with no issues. Then I wrote the calibration and OS from the 2002 tune that I have an XDF file for. Still the same results, no throttle response with reduced power and check engine light, code P1680. When I checked the throttle response with my scanner, I am registering movement, but it only registers 35% when it should be wide open. Wondering if there is a way to recalibrate the throttle. I think if I could get the throttle to recalibrate it would work. I also tried cloning the 2002 file into the spare and had the same results

Any input would be great!!
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

You are going to need to keep the OS that is on the PCM in the first place, or one of it's linage ... Meaning the same code base, but updated, that can only be determined by TIS2000 data I think.

Changing Os's likely isn't going to work unless they are of the same code base.

There likely is a throttle calibration process, I do not know for sure or how.

-Enjoy
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
Vetteyog
cars: 2001 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible
2004 GMC Envoy XL

Post by Vetteyog »

It's been a while, wondering if there is anything new with P10?