Fuel Consumption - What does X represent.

For questions relating to the configuration and use of tunerpro
JohnDee68
cars: L36 Vx Series 2 8/2002 Acclaim Wagon 3.8L ECOTEC II.

Re: Fuel Consumption - What does X represent.

Post by JohnDee68 »

immortality wrote:Do you have the single window or 3 window dash?

I'm referring to calibrating the dash for distance and fuel used. Not tunerpro.
I only have the single window dash.
JohnDee68
cars: L36 Vx Series 2 8/2002 Acclaim Wagon 3.8L ECOTEC II.

Re: Fuel Consumption - What does X represent.

Post by JohnDee68 »

antus wrote:Hopefully I dont confuse the issue more, but I dont think the output has anything to do with litres. Its either open time on the injector or as the1 mentioned something to do with the MAF. I think that is why the units dont make sense. If im right about this it means tunerpro would need to be able to consider the flow rate and maybe the opening time data for the injectors in the tune, and it can not do that. You cant use data from the bin+xdf equasion in an adx equation. It needs to be direct entered the ADX. If anyone knows more maybe we can document how to update your own copy of the ADX with that information for your car and tune.
antus, I am the expert here in confusion, lol. So your input isn't going to confuse the issue any more...
It is a good point you make as to the value of x being returned. It does seem like a very close value to use from what i have worked with as far as log files and dash samples on my car. If I enter the formula in the ADX file for fuel economy as x/100 then it is pretty close in results as I have ever seen previously. But it does seem to be slightly out in areas by a small margin.
eg;
Economy using x by 100.jpg
Economy using x by 100.jpg (122.36 KiB) Viewed 2413 times