Vy bcm

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
Jake_dare
cars: Cammed VY v6 'S', 5lr 5 speed VS

Vy bcm

Post by Jake_dare »

G’day wizards! I’ve got some questions about the bcm in my vy, I’ve removed the delco in favor or a more tuner friendly (for the blokes with dynos here in Tassie) and now I’ve got nothing to tell the bcm I have an engine. Question is is there any way to simulate the bcm signal to the dash to get rid of the pesky engine warning light whilst still maintaining all the features of the bcm?
pman92
cars: HZ One Tonner
VE Ute

Re: Vy bcm

Post by pman92 »

So you still have a BCM and everything else, just no Delco PCM anymore?

I do a BCM simulator which wouldn't be of any use as is, but I could easily enough make a one of that just simulates the PCM when the BCM requests it. It would turn of your engine light, and prevent the BCM logging a DTC, but that's about it. The fuel usage and coolant gauge still wouldn't work.

Out of curiosity what have you replaced the delco with? It may also be possible to interface with that and get all the dash features working as factory.

Cheers
VR-VY Holden BCM Simulator: View Post
MrModule.com.au
Jake_dare
cars: Cammed VY v6 'S', 5lr 5 speed VS

Re: Vy bcm

Post by Jake_dare »

Yeah just got the bcm, I’ve done away with the delco and replaced it with a Haotech elite for ease of tuning (no one local wanted to touch it otherwise).

What you can do sounds like exactly what I need! Fuel usage doesn’t really concern me as the gauge works and I’ve had the cluster modified and a vdo gauge core fitted to replace the factory temp gauge. It’s just annoys me that I’ve got 99% functionality except for the annoying beep and message on start up.

As for triggering it with the haltech I’m out of outputs and from what I’ve been told anything to do with the bcm to pcm communication is gm specific can network