Emulation on moates ostrich 2

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Re: Emulation on moates ostrich 2

Post by antus »

Was the ecm running? The up/down has tested the ostrich but the ecm running tests if the config is right.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
upyas
cars: vy s

Post by upyas »

still an issue.

I can burn a sf512 chip and run it in the car and it starts and run in normal mode. but whenever i use any kind of emulation the engine light is on and its in limp mode.

I am only editing the standard bin for 808 ecu for the vn/vp and using the xdf from here. Not using ose11 or 12p at all.

really wish i could get this going, its such a mission to re-burn the chip after every mod
antus
Site Admin
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute

Post by antus »

i dont know what the standard bin or xdf is (there are several OSs you might be talking about, and several XDFs of varying quality), but have you looked at the offset settings as suggested earlier in the thread? It'll almost certainly be a configuration item, but you'll need to spell outall the details and file/chip sizes/settings to check.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
yoda69
cars: 2004 VYII Acclaim Wagon V6 Auto LPG/Petrol
2004 VYII Berlina sedan V6 Auto
2005 VZ Monaro CV8 manual

Post by yoda69 »

Been a while since I’ve used the ostrich on one of these.
In TP right click on the toolbar and make sure you have the “Emulation Bank” toolbar selected.
Try different bank settings and uploading the bin until you get one that works, I think it maybe bank 7 or 8.
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

You need to set the eprom id to AA in the 808 tune to disable the checksumming routine or if you make a change emulating it will spit the dummy and go limp home mode
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
upyas

Post by upyas »

I cannot even upload the bin file using the moates emutility so even bypassing tuner pro with no xdf it still dont work.

i have tried creating a stacked file, have tried loading all the banks, tried a eprom booster. tried uploading it to different offsets for 16kb file so its at the end of the memory...

i can only burn a chip and and it will run.

how do i change the eprom id to that? is that the KKKPGMID ? PROMIDA ?

i am using $5d xdf and here is the bin file.. this is doing my head in, im just going to have to do the eprom swap and spend the hours on it.
Attachments
newburn7.bin
(16 KiB) Downloaded 276 times
antus
Site Admin
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute

Post by antus »

It's the byte in position 8, and its already AA.

You should be able to follow "the instructions" for any 16k file, nothing special about that one. Note that I dont have one of these, so cant point you any more in the right direction. If you cant get it started even without tunerpro or any xdf, then I dont know what to suggest other than ask moates.
Attachments
Screenshot from 2019-06-12 17-12-24.png
Screenshot from 2019-06-12 17-12-24.png (39.82 KiB) Viewed 4547 times
upyas

Post by upyas »

so i found the issue, the cable from the socket to the ostrich was faulty.

i could do l67's because they used a different cable.

now can emulate 808 without any issues or mods to xdf's etc