VS flash tune HOW TO?

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
T-Bird
cars: EL Falcon khannacross falcon rally

VS flash tune HOW TO?

Post by T-Bird »

Hi all

I have a 99 VS Commodore Ute. I have an Envyous Customs ALDL cable and OSE enhanced tool plus tunerproRT. I went to connect to the vehicle this afternoon. And nothing OSE keeps saying no device found. I checked the cable on ALDL tester it seem to be working fine. Made sure everything was plugged in correctly. Still no luck, reset computer and OSE 100 times still saying no device found. is there something I should be double checking. any help would be greatly apprenticed.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Re: VS flash tune HOW TO?

Post by antus »

Its not a flashable computer in stock form, and without aftermarket operating system on it. You can tune it in stock form but you have to pull the memcal out and write it in a programmer, which is why most people go the mvram board route and move to 11p or 12p operating system.

Try identifying what operating system it is based on engine and trans type, get the matching adx file and try to log it in tunerpro to see if its all working.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
T-Bird
cars: EL Falcon khannacross falcon rally

Post by T-Bird »

antus wrote:Its not a flashable computer in stock form, and without aftermarket operating system on it. You can tune it in stock form but you have to pull the memcal out and write it in a programmer, which is why most people go the mvram board route and move to 11p or 12p operating system.

Try identifying what operating system it is based on engine and trans type, get the matching adx file and try to log it in tunerpro to see if its all working.
OHH... ok how would I go about tuning it. do I need to buy a chip burner/chip and cable ect. I have done VX VY, but never done a VS before. Is there a simple way???
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Have a look at the hardware guide in the FAQ link (the green button up near the top right).
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396