Is there any reason there is no checksum in xdf header for any of the $11B xdf's?
I just created 1 for data between $4000 to $FFFF & data stored at $6006 which is 2 bytes, is this correct or not necessary?
I'm guessing if it is necessary everyone in the passed just AA the prog id?
Also does anyone know what the byte at $9988 in BLCC is for someone has changed it randomly from 37 to 36, guessing it can only be a coding change?
$11 Checksum
-
VX L67 Getrag
- Posts: 2971
- Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
- Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria
-
Jayme
- Posts: 2585
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:59 pm
- Location: North Coast, NSW
Re: $11 Checksum
I beleive for $11 its not a simple checksum calc, you need to calculate two separate blocks and add them or something, which tunerpro cannot do. as a result nobody could be bothered writing and/or using a plugin to do it when you can just use AA
edit: link
https://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopi ... sum#p16142
edit: link
https://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopi ... sum#p16142
-
VX L67 Getrag
- Posts: 2971
- Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
- Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria
Re: $11 Checksum
LOL thanks Jayme, looks like I looked into it a while ago & must have forgotten, anyone would think I drink too much or getting too old!
Yeah AA is the go then! Thanks again!
Yeah AA is the go then! Thanks again!
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10016
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: $11 Checksum
Hmmm you have just reminded me of a checksum plugin I wrote for this but forgot about (since I never needed it myself). Try dropping this DLL in to your my documents/tunerpro files/plugins directory, and set up your XDF checksum tab like this. If it works, please post back a confirmed good xdf. Note that checksum plugins dont list under about->plugins so the only way to confirm its loaded is to see if the options to use it are there when you configure the checksum in the XDF.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
-
VX L67 Getrag
- Posts: 2971
- Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
- Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria
Re: $11 Checksum
Oh Cool, LEGEND Antus thank you so much!
I'm about to do a BIN for another member so I'll have to rely on him to report back the checksum worked!
I'm about to do a BIN for another member so I'll have to rely on him to report back the checksum worked!
-
VX L67 Getrag
- Posts: 2971
- Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
- Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria
Re: $11 Checksum
If this does work for this does that mean there may be a possibility for the VX-VY files too as I believe there similar?
Thanks again Antus, fingers crossed!
Thanks again Antus, fingers crossed!
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10016
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: $11 Checksum
Im not sure what effect the data in the eeprom has on that. maybe. I havnt looked at this stuff since mid 2011!
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
-
VX L67 Getrag
- Posts: 2971
- Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
- Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria
Re: $11 Checksum
Just checking I have the settings correct as in the XDF it actually said 4000 to FFFF so it was obviously wrong too!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10016
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: $11 Checksum
Yeah my notes say for $11 its 5000->FFFF and $83/$84 are 4000->FFFF
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
-
VX L67 Getrag
- Posts: 2971
- Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
- Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria
Re: $11 Checksum
Cool good to know, let you know if the $11 Works!
EDIT: Just with a simple VATS remove on BLCC it used to change both bytes a fair bit, now with checksum plugin it just changes the 2nd byte by 1 bit higher from 54 to 55, this seems a lot more correct to me!
EDIT: Just with a simple VATS remove on BLCC it used to change both bytes a fair bit, now with checksum plugin it just changes the 2nd byte by 1 bit higher from 54 to 55, this seems a lot more correct to me!