Vz ecm de linking programming etc

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
Aussielegend

Vz ecm de linking programming etc

Post by Aussielegend »

Hi all this moght be a little long winded.

I am not new to computers or anything but im not experianced with later commy stuff.

I have a friend wanting me to fix his vz atm now i am certain his ecm is buggered and later found out not the first one.

I have my own tech 2 etc and can talk to everything but i am having trouble sourcing another ecm.

Now that being said is there any way that anyone knows to pickup an ecm from the wreckers and reset it without the need for security code?

My options are a bit limited my local wreckers have pulled all from cars and not de linked.
ANY advice is appreciated
VX L67 Getrag

Re: Vz ecm de linking programming etc

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

I just ring GM & they give me the security code for the VIN that is in the ECM from the wrecker & de-link it in replacement car & then re-link in the replacement car, some say it needs to be de-linked in the original car but I've never had to do that!

If there was a way to disable theft in the VZ E55 controller nobody is telling anyone(I've searched & asked hi & low but never had any luck).
Aussielegend

Post by Aussielegend »

Thanks for the reply mate appreciate it i think im going to have to do that and program via my tech 2 connected to the laptop :-/
Aussielegend

Post by Aussielegend »

Im trying to find info so i can find a list of what ecm might just be compatible as im having trouble finding a 190kw 10h7b for it
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Do you have tis access or use HPTuners or similar tuning software?

TIS you can just program to suit the vin, tuning software you'd just read the original file off damaged controller & put it on the replacement controller... both these options you can use any E55 controller otherwise yeah you'd have to get the same year/model with same setup as original to replace!

There was a change I think from memory around late 2006 they use different cam phasers so they need to be same as original otherwise it won't run.