Engine light/fault codes, comms with 3rd party interface

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Re: Engine light/fault codes, comms with 3rd party interface

Post by vlad01 »

Worth mentioning that you can't have TP open and the flash tool at the same time as which ever one is open first will hog the com port from the other if its left running. You need to close all software that uses the com port and restart just the one you need in this case being the flash tool.

Also try restarting the PC and trying the flash tool straight up as sometimes windows leaves the port open only to the previous software that used it even after its been closed. I had this happen a few times on my old laptop and did the same thing, flash tool happen to not work after running TP before but I worked it out pretty quick.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
The J'rod
cars: Vs V8 series 3 commodore ute

Post by The J'rod »

Thanks Vlad01,
Tunr pro def not open whilst i've been trying to use flashtool...........it's got me, have tried again tonight with no luck.....have contacted supplier of aldl cable to see if they have any ideas or have come accross this issue before
The J'rod

Post by The J'rod »

So got a reply from the seller of the cable.....Antus I believe was spot on with the cable being the issue...I have sent pm's to antus and biggvl to buy one...if you see this Antus or Biggvl could you please let me know if you received the pm's, I'm having issues with my pm's I think at the moment.

Thanks
The J'rod

Post by The J'rod »

So I'm being advised that it may not be the cable (and not to buy another one just yet) and I need to make sure that it's not another program running or interfering with the comms port which is enabling me to connect with flashtool.

I have been into device manager it says that the comms port is fine and functioning, have been into task manager and there is no other programs other than flashtool running that its showing in there.

Please someone help, is there something I'm missing or something else I should check to make sure its not running in the background or something, I'm at my wits end
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

Flashtool only opens the port when it is requested to do something (it will say opening/closing COMxx in the small details window). It does not leave the port open when idle.

TunerPro can leave it open when not logging or doing anything (due to needing it open if you attempt a tuning change), this would then give you an error message of not being able to open the port if you tried to use the Flashtool. Normally just closing the program releases the port though.
The J'rod

Post by The J'rod »

I'm pretty sure that tunerpro is not open when I have flashtool open and trying to connect to vehicle.

I will do a screen shot tonight and show you what flashtool is saying the issue is in the window box, which may help people shine a light on my problem.