12p onto a 27c128??????

Holden Delco ECU and PCM Tuning

Re: 12p onto a 27c128??????

Postby Ken » Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:23 pm

antus wrote:It all depends on the seller. It is a minefield out there, but if delcowizid said hes ordered twice and they worked, I'd believe it. But you never know when the ebay seller is going to change their supplier. Ive bought winbonds, and found they put a real one in the end of the carrier so the first test worked, then the rest only wrote once.

Killin me, you're missing the point I was making, clones, I mentioned it in my 1st and 2nd post, it's mentioned numerous times on the forum here Beware of the clones, yet here we are posting how good our cheap chinese clone is, I'm baffled, and it's pointless me arguing the toss any further.

antus wrote:I bought several batches of these from this seller (pulled the link from a 2016 thread here) https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/230420406366 and they were working chip pulls probably old computer bios chips. They all worked perfectly. viewtopic.php?f=31&t=4540&start=30#p62968

I would trust a genuine second hand chip pulled from wherever over a clone any day..
Some of the chips gathered over a 20+ year period..
Chips.JPG

I was merely stupid enough to believe the cheap chips listed on ebay may actually work, 3 times from 3 different sellers, I didn't post it here when I was ripped off as I figured it's my own dumb-ass fault for thinking I may actually benefit, the cheap price sucked me in, not once, not twice, three times the f**kwit..

I also have a copious amount of plcc chips in tubes and bags buried amongst computer crap in the workshop somewhere, in all sizes that are still used here that are still in plentiful supply in various outlets, ebay included, cheaper that the dip package, and has me thinking I may actually try soldering one of these in place of the std chip on some of the spare memcals I have, sits no higher than a dip mount and chip.

Postby vlad01 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:38 pm

I bought a small bulk lot of genuine ST 45ns chips as a group buy from here a while ago. I think The1 organized it? Also got machined sockets to match.

Was quite expensive but will last me a life time for my personal projects.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.

Postby delcowizzid » Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:56 am

I have 60+ 27c010s here all used pulls out of computers and devices I bought them online they were advertised as erased ready to use they all program and verify but won't run a car they are too slow from being erased for too long I only found this out after sending 10 tunes out and them all not running and had to source 10 memcals to fix the problem talk about outta pocket after that fuck around lol
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem

Postby The1 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:21 am

when i buy chips i buy an extra to sacrifice for testing, run it in the burner on a script of erase and write for 100 cycles, soon find out if there fake or not.

Site Admin

Postby antus » Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:17 pm

@Ken, I heard you about the clones. The point was that there are now a couple of sellers recommended in this thread which we have had personal success with and we are recommending them so that others can source working chips and avoid the clones.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396

Postby nutbag355 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:44 pm

I bit the bullet and ordered a batch from the link provided. Will know in a month if they are fake I guess

Previous

Return to Holden ECUs