help with upcoming build

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
Built-vs-t5-ute
cars: vz sv6 6 speed (sold)
Lexus ls400
Ms137 crown

Re: help with upcoming build

Post by Built-vs-t5-ute »

Yeah cheers heaps I'll get in contact and find out prices and that
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

fucking nice!
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
Built-vs-t5-ute
Lexus ls400
Ms137 crown

Yeah they look so clean haha amazing work
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

I found this looking at something else.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/V6-Holden-E ... rk:20:pf:0

You could use this probably with an Astro T5 gear set.

https://astroperformance.com/product/57 ... t-package/

If the input shaft length matches the bellhousing then all you would need is to machine the spigot or a custom spigot bushing, a custom floor plate and dog legged shifter shaft and hydro manual pedals and a suitable slave cyl. You might even get away on the tailshaft using an auto shaft with manual yoke since the trans is moved forward and will require a bit longer tailshaft and the auto ones are a bit longer, it might fluke a win there.

You still will need a custom clutch for that power level, multi plate for sure which then you can match to the GM 26 spline input it uses. Should end up cheaper than a convertion and with comparible power/torque capacity.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
Built-vs-t5-ute
Lexus ls400
Ms137 crown

Yeah I did spot that site when looking through but would it be as cheap after going through the process of exchange and import tax and all that stuff? Even if I found a cheaper tr6060 with a malwood kit it still costs close to 5g ones everything is done and dusted. And that's just a stock tr6060. What is the tko trans? The company offering the built trans I was thinking about offers heaps for them.
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

TKOs are shit, bad syncro design and can't shift over 6k rpm.

The astro T5 are stronger over the TKO. T5 have one of if not the best high rpm shift abilities as they are light weight and have good syncros.

Astro do a 650Hp unit now. Lot of mucking around to get a whole trans done but at least i's done and new by the guy that makes the gears. You could ship a empty core with the essential parts for him to build on. It's a really good price actually for a whole trans.

https://astroperformance.com/product/60 ... mission-2/
Built-vs-t5-ute
Lexus ls400
Ms137 crown

Would this be worth the effort? I'd more than likely be pushing the limits of even this trans and it would be difficult to fix. Plus I have to find a very specific trans to send them (possibly buy a GeForce shell) as well.
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

no just your stock v6 case and extension housing plus all the internal shift parts. These are based on a early mustang box which is what the V6 one is based on. Even has genuine ford parts in the v6 box. If it's a WC which the v6 box is then it's all compatible with astro and geforce stuff.

I would go astro over geforce, geforce are weaker even though they have similar ratings. Astro are over built for their rating so you can likely push them a lot harder than the rating but the rating is guaranteed to be reliable rather than absolute limits.

Else tr6060 is the way to go. Local support would be best as well.
Built-vs-t5-ute
Lexus ls400
Ms137 crown

What rating is the full s/c T5 gearset from PPG. If I used a beefed up casing from GeForce and the PPG gearset would it be worth the extra 1-2g?
Built-vs-t5-ute
Lexus ls400
Ms137 crown

Just thinking rather than spending all this money importing parts or doing a conversion would it be much easier to just get a GeForce case and put in a PPG s/c 1-5 set in and not have to worry. But that depends on how much power they can take. I wouldn't have to wait long either as PPG are an hour away from me