95 Hilux ecotec swapped - 808ecu

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.

Re: 95 Hilux ecotec swapped - 808ecu

Postby vs ss » Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:27 pm

Is the tv cable clamped up further? I’m just looking at the amount of overhang out the end.

Postby Holden202T » Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:29 pm

honestly the pic is still not that close up, but it does appear that the kick down cable is half hanging out the front the of the clip part.

if that is the case its probably never doing anything....

heres examples of T700 kick down cables i've done in a few conversions.

P1020829.JPG
P1020829.JPG (165 KiB) Viewed 137 times

P1010497.JPG
P1010497.JPG (166.47 KiB) Viewed 137 times

you want the cable to be torte at closed position, from there it pulls the cable out of the gearbox to increase line pressure with throttle increase!

Postby Saintsinnerx » Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:11 pm

Sorry been super slammed with work and haven't had a chance to play with it much this upcoming weekend ive been given off so plan is to get it all sorted as best i can on the weekend and no the cable isn't clamped further up it's just dangling and ziptied to the firewall so ill have to get a bracket sorted and try and work this all out, after taking a closer look with the sensors it appears for air temp im going to need to cut and trace back the wires so im also going to need to track down a VN style bosh plug and then track down someone who can flash a tune onto the memcal for me as at this stage i don't have a lot of spare coin laying around being so close to xmas so at this stage it's going to have to go onto the back burner but ill slowly chip away at things starting with that damn air temp sensor, so for placement does it matter What runner i put it in? or is it best to be in the plenum in the middle somewhere?

Postby vlad01 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:25 pm

Any runner will do. I found on a race engine I tuned with it in the plenum it was fine, so no issues at all. But best to stick to stock locations if you can.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.

Postby Saintsinnerx » Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:07 pm

vlad01 wrote:Any runner will do. I found on a race engine I tuned with it in the plenum it was fine, so no issues at all. But best to stick to stock locations if you can.

okay cheers mate ive picked up a 2nd intake manifold for 10$ and will do the drilling and tapping on that one then swap it all over saves any chance of getting filings down the intake back of the plenum would have been a sweet spot but add the length of the sensor and it would foul on the firewall sadly

Postby vlad01 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:12 pm

Just put it in one of the middle runners on an angle like the 5L engines have it. Extent the wires as needed. Also when tapping it as there isn't really enough meat to get the tapered thread of the sensor to lock in tight properly I would only partly tap the hole, run the tap maybe 1/3 down before the taper ends on the tap and that should give you a slightly undersized thread so the sensor screws in tight. If it's too tight, tap it a little more at a time until it feels tight but can still turn. Chuck a bit of thread locker on it to seal any potential air leaks. The first time I did this I ran the tap all the way and then the sensor was way loose in the hole.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.

Previous

Return to Holden ALDL ECUs