VY PCM - 16269238

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Re: VY PCM - 16269238

Post by VL400 »

A big thanks goes to Mick for his testing and now this fantastic how-to :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

One point to note though..
• Detect Silence Only On Connect: If you have issues with error messages in your session you can select this. What will happen is OSE will look for silence before sending each command frame to the ECM. Works very well!! As you can imagine it will slow down the time it takes to dump the bin or FIND THAT KEY (Brute Force). For bench testing with no BCM having this selected works well. Some vehicles might like this un-selected to improve the Coms.

This is actually the reverse, tick it and it does not check for silence between frames only on connect (ie prior to disabling chatter). Un-ticked and it checks between every frame that goes on to the vehicle bus.
darcy

Post by darcy »

Hi Guys

Been looking at a couple of VY bins and have a few questions for those in the know...

To start off, I've recently pulled the bin from my VYII Auto sedan(can now be found in the factory bins section) and yesterday pulled the bin from a friends VYII Auto Tonner (attached here).

I've been looking at them with the $060A xdf as created and posted by Mick.

Both of the bins I have pulled are labelled as $AA0A (at 0x4008).
Much of the data in the bin from my sedan appears to be in the same of very similar locations to $060A , however data in the tonner bin is sometimes similar or can be a long way offset. Ive started comparing each item in the xdf, and have found for example Injector Minimum Narrow Pulse Width to be offset by 57 bytes.

This has me somewhat confused, given they appear to have the same mask :s

Is this nolonger a way to identify the correct xdf, or have I made a fundamental mistake somewhere?
and is there any other way where to find data in between masks other than to compare bins? I'm currently comparing them in a hex editor and lookign at 2D/3D graps to look for patterns?

Cheers
darcy

ps. Flashtool worked flawlessly again. Thanks VL400 :thumbup:
Attachments
VYII Auto Tonner.bin
(128 KiB) Downloaded 428 times
Mick

Post by Mick »

Looks like the XDF Version you need is $060B.

The GM Calibrators sometimes used AA0A to disable the checksum so you could not tell what XDF it requires. There will be some differences between the $060A XDF. I was looking into $060B have have not completed it.

All the info is in the Calibration Identification Tab, I look at a couple of things. The Calibration ID Shows a little light and so does the Application ID. The tonner calibration fits in-between the information I have.

You can mod the $060A XDF to Suite, just work on the core things you need and mark them, looks like most of the data lines up so there's not to much work.

If using the ADX for the Scan Tool you might have to point those parameters at the ssame address as the XDF to get it all working nice.

Interesting.....:)

Good to see your having some fun!

Cheers

Mick
Rev it up, Drop the clutch, See what happens.
darcy

Post by darcy »

Cheers Mick

Thats all making sense.
I hadn't noticed the info in the Calibration Identification Tab :thumbup:

Is it $AA0A to set Checksum Disable, in the xdf you have said $AA06 ?

darcy
Mick

Post by Mick »

I would try $AA0A as you see in your bins. This is all new stuff really, so I'm learning as I go and picking up on things like this.

The core of parameters are there in $060A. You just need to line up the start address to suite $060B. Use the 2D view in TP. Open a second instance of TP set up with the $060A XDF and bin to suite. Then look at the patterens in 2D view and compare the 2 bins start address against the patterns.

Hummm, I might make that sound easy, let me know how you go.

Cheers

Mick
Rev it up, Drop the clutch, See what happens.
Doctor Bob
cars: VN, VT

Post by Doctor Bob »

The Program id is one byte at$4008 VX is $BD VY is $07, $06 or i have pulled some that are $AA
the following byte is keepodo Km $0A
darcy

Post by darcy »

Sounds logical Rob.
What does keepodo do?

I'm workign my way through Mick's xdf moving things around to suit. Seems a lot of the trans data is in the same place.
Looks like in the 1 tonner that tcc doesnt lock up untill 107kph. This seems very high :s

So..I think I have my head areound the scalers and tables...but Flags..
Can anyone give me dummies guide to understanding these, and how to work out where they are offset?

Also a question for the lean cruise in these..is there another table for lean cruise AFR offsets, that jsut hasn't been defiend in teh xdf I have? I am presuming so, but wouldnt the foggiest on how to figure out where it is.

cheers
darcy
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

I believe its a feature that was never implemented (well cant see it being called in the disassembly) where the odometer is stored in the CPU's EEPROM.
Doctor Bob
cars: VN, VT

Post by Doctor Bob »

there were several different cals for VY commercial TCC lockup issues, i think std was 97, then 107 & one for certain complaints was 120km
ill see if i can find the bulletins on them
The KEEPODO has been in most calibrations but not implemented as VL400 says, its a leftover from the US origins
Rob
darcy

Post by darcy »

Big :thumbup: for VL400.
Flashtool worked flawlessly.

Loaded the Tonner up with the Gear Changes and TCC lockups as per my sedan.
Feedback to date is a near 20% reduction in around town fuel consumption now that it actually locks the converter Image

darcy