VY PCM - 16269238

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
davidthiele
cars: Turbod 1972 VW Beetle with very modified suspension and brakes, Transit van getting a VY V6 conversion

Re: VY PCM - 16269238

Post by davidthiele »

Hi and thanks for replying.

I have followed the instructions from this web site.
PCM Diagnostic:
This wire is connected to Pin 6 of the ALDL connector. It is a signal to the PCM to activate
Diagnostic Mode.

D09 = White/ Black

Pin 5 of the ALDL connector Black/ Yellow wire is connected to Bat- Neg. This is used to earth
the PCM diagnostic output to ground via the Moates RS232 Interface. Pin 6 is connected to
PCM Diagnostic input D09 = White/ Black wire.
OSE setup.doc
(38 KiB) Downloaded 122 times
I use ECU Com Port 6 on my laptop.

Cheers
davidthiele
cars: Turbod 1972 VW Beetle with very modified suspension and brakes, Transit van getting a VY V6 conversion

Post by davidthiele »

Hi again, this is one of the instruction lists that I have been following.

Bench Wiring/Programming VX and VY Holden V6 PCM

PCM Grounds:
*All these grounds are tied together in the engine harness 300mm from the PCM connectors.

*A05 = Black/Red
*B05 = Black/Red

*E07 = Black/Red
*F07 = Black/Red
……………………
C06 = Black/Yellow
D06 = Black

All grounds can be tied together and attached to Bat - Neg.
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

PCM BAT + 12V:
# Both of these battery positives are tied together 300mm from the PCM connectors.
Both of these wires are attached to Bat + 12V permanently.

# C12 = Orange
# D12 = Orange
……………………
*Ignition switched Bat + 12v. This wire should be switched to resemble ignition being
turned on and off. This is handy for soft reset of PCM when necessary. Switched on in run mode.

*D16 = Pink
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

PCM Serial Data Output:
This wire is connected to pin 9 of the ALDL connector. This wire carries communications
to and from the PCM. (Mod Edit: this did say pin 16 which was incorrect! Thanks for the
report Holden202T and Kojab).

C13 = Red/ Black
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

PCM Diagnostic:
This wire is connected to Pin 6 of the ALDL connector. It is a signal to the PCM to activate
Diagnostic Mode.

D09 = White/ Black
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

: Picture view of the front of the connector.
Pin 5 of the ALDL connector Black/ Yellow wire is connected to Bat- Neg. This is used to earth
the PCM diagnostic output to ground via the Moates RS232 Interface. Pin 6 is connected to
PCM Diagnostic input D09 = White/ Black wire.
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
You are only required to hook up 12 wires to power a VY or VX PCM for Diagnostic Simulation or
Flash Programming. The PCM Pin Numbers are signified on the inside of the PCM connector sockets
at the top left corner, A/B, C/D, E/F. There are 3 x connectors with 2 rows in each.
The letters correspond to each row. The rows are number left to right.

For a VX and VY N/A PCM.

A/B connector = 12 pin/ Brown/ Middle of PCM.
C/D connector = 16 pin/ Brown/ Right side of PCM.
E/F connector = 16 Pin/ Yellow/ Left side of PCM.

The pin out numbers should be the same for both VX and VY N/A as they share the same box number
(Service Number) 09356445. The plug colors on the VX and VY N/A are brown and Yellow.
The plug colors on the VX and VY S/C are Pink and Blue.

My engine is N/A so I have followed the instructions for it but no luck getting the PCM to talk with the ALDL connector.

Cheers
The1

Post by The1 »

looks right and youve tested both ecus and looms, so might be a bad cable.
davidthiele

Post by davidthiele »

Yeh. I have been dicking around with this for nearly two weeks now. Even bought the second PCM to help with diagnosing.
Thanks for helping out. I will contact Envyous Customs and see if they can help - bought the ALDL cable last year but this is the first chance I have had to use it.
Cheers again for your help.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Note that you need to connect all the ground and power cables, not just one of them. You maybe able to miss 1 or 2 but I know you need several of them, so its best to do all. Pin 6 isnt normal, you flash the pcm from having it running normally. I'd leave that disconnected. settings look ok, obviously your setting the com port though.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Tazzi
cars: VE SS Ute

Post by Tazzi »

Working with David to check the cable is operating :thumbup:
Typically I find its one of the 3 scenarios for conversion vehicles:
1) Either a power or ground is incorrectly connected or missing resulting in no communication
2) The communication wire is not correctly hooked up to the diagnostic port correctly
3) 12v+ has been applied to the ALDL cables communication wire by accident and fried the internal lines (Only designed for 5v).
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
Thevanman

Post by Thevanman »

davidthiele wrote:Yeh. I have been dicking around with this for nearly two weeks now. Even bought the second PCM to help with diagnosing.
Thanks for helping out. I will contact Envyous Customs and see if they can help - bought the ALDL cable last year but this is the first chance I have had to use it.
Cheers again for your help.
Hi David,

Did you have any luck in the end? I have exactly the same issue with VY donor donk and 4l60E in a Toyota Dyna.
Have hooked up per the guidance on here, and elsewhere on the web, but D09 is not even populated on the PTH connector at the PCM, so that has stumped me. Have checked earths etc..

If you had success in the end, could you let me know what got you over the line?

Also have the envyous customs cable, checked ports/drivers etc.....

Thanks in advance,
Kristian
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Dont connect D09, its not needed to flash. You need the grounds tied together, to your power negative, and the 12v connected together to your power, and the ignition switched (or twist it in to the power lines so that you can remove it to simulate key off), and you need the aldl wire. Thats it.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Thevanman

Post by Thevanman »

antus wrote:Dont connect D09, its not needed to flash. You need the grounds tied together, to your power negative, and the 12v connected together to your power, and the ignition switched (or twist it in to the power lines so that you can remove it to simulate key off), and you need the aldl wire. Thats it.
Thanks man. Will check methodically.
Thevanman

Post by Thevanman »

Mick wrote:Happy New Year Lads,

I have been playing around with my VY V6 and put together a couple files to use with TunerPro V5.

In the zip file I have included a $060A XDF, ADX, Bin File and a Log File that I did the other day.

Things are looking pretty good so far.

Cheers

Mick
VY V6 $060A.zip
Hi All,

I'm up and running with TunerPro in my conversion Toyota Dyna (YV V6-NA/4L60E - no BCM), but using this BIN I'm not getting any values for the trans sensors.
Just wondering if I should be seeing any Transmission data (in TP RT) using the above BIN/XDF or not, before I go chasing my tail.
I have buzzed out every circuit back to the PCM from the trans so all good there.

Thanks in advance
KvM