VT and vy V6 XDF

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
jezza351
cars: vr ss comodooree

Re: VT and vy V6 XDF

Post by jezza351 »

ive seen a few sites with torrents for the kalmaker sofware do u know of any sites that actually have it or any sites with
some good tuning software for download, im trying to learn how to use winols but its pretty much chinese to me
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

We dont condone piracy here, and to be honest the free tools can be as good or better. With TunerPro and ScannerPro you can do more than kalmaker can - and in windows using USB of you want - however there is no doubt that kalmaker has a far more comprehensive application list. But for the average home user you dont really need most of the complexities or tuning options kalmaker offers - which is why the workshop packages are, as the name suggests, intended for commercial operators.
jezza351
cars: vr ss comodooree

Post by jezza351 »

Yeah i agree with you its just having the internet makes it easy ant tempting , all im about is sharing and learning im no computer wiz and i have a
general interest in tuning but seems we have a lot of support for the vn to vs but from there on we have limited support , maybe
with everyones help combined we could crack some of the other types of computers like vx znd vy, i read the posts in the vy computer section and people are talking about tech2 for reflashing the chip which is good if you can access one but i take the other way out by removing the 29fo1ob chip and taking a reading of the stock binary then editing it with tunerpro but like i said im no computer expert i dont know how to make an xdf file to make peoples lives easier to edit these files, its risky desoldering these chips but with some practice it all works just fine, i am lucky i have someone that modifies these bin files for me i just tell them what i want done and with a email back with the modified bin i burn that onto the 29fo1ob chip , resolder it and away the car goes , but at a price of course and hes not about to give me all the info so he loses buisness ,but i want to be able to do this myself , and im sure there is others out there too, this method will also work on the gen3 computers , and alloytechs but to be honest it would just be easier to use hp tuner for those applications, as they are much more involved and fiddley, the only downside to hp tuner is the initial cost and the credits buying system to be able to tune single cars where as reflashing the chip on a programmer cost you nothing but is risky for the non experienced.
so basically i thought the best place to ask these questions would be this site ,i have got alot of info from this site
and obviously files so thanks to everyone who put it together and those that have contributed , all your help is appreciated
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

Yeah it sure does make it tempting, its just a shame to see someones hard work distributed for nothing.

Overtime I am sure XDFs and the like will be made for VT and newer (they are starting to appear) but until now there has been :cash: thats stopped the open and public development of them. Heres hoping that the development will start now :thumbup:

Flashing a VX and VY PCM is def something that will be developed along with LS1 bin flashing so no soldering is needed.
sgtqld00
cars: Vn Exec.
Vs 5.0L powered Vk nearly
r33.

Post by sgtqld00 »

Hey guys, im having a similar problem as metioned here. i have a vt supercharged engine in a vp. i am unable to locate the vats in my bin file. there does seem to be many variations of the $a5.xdf . if anyone has any ideas could you please let me know i just wana get this thing running. Thanks.
Biggsy

Post by Biggsy »

Tell me which .bin and I will show you where the VATS are.

Dave.
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

hes running CJKW mate
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
Biggsy

Post by Biggsy »

At address 379f change 43 to 4b

Dave.
Attachments
CJKWvat.rar
CJKW supercharged VT V6 with VATS removed
(42.66 KiB) Downloaded 350 times
sgtqld00
cars: Vn Exec.
Vs 5.0L powered Vk nearly
r33.

Post by sgtqld00 »

Hey, thanks heaps will try out tonight hope this works been trying everything.!!!!
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

get it running mate hows she go :driving:
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem