$83 Definition info

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
Mick

$83 Definition info

Post by Mick »

Hi Lads,

I was looking for a couple parameters in the BWFU code on a VS V8.

I was wondering if anybody has seen a diff ratio parameter as this vehicle has a 4.11 ratio fitted and I wanted to sort something out.

The speedo is out from the diff change and I was looking at options to sort that out.

Seen there is only 2 versions of the $83 code which makes this a little easier then the rest. The version 3 definition I have is much better then the version 1. I will post it up after I've played a little more with it.

Cheers

Mick
Rev it up, Drop the clutch, See what happens.
delcowizzid

Re: $83 Definition info

Post by delcowizzid »

i think vr and vs v8 auto and manual piggyback the speedo pulses at the ecu so it doesnt go through the ecu too the dash so the only way to make the speedo read right is with a jaycar speedo corrector kit or similar changing the PPK only changes what the ecu sees which is handy but the speedo will still read out im pretty sure
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

Correct, the PCM only converts the reluctor pickup into a nice square wave for the dash but it does not correct it for diff gears. You need to change the PPK and then all shift tables that reference the speed for shifting gears as you will find the rev-limit will be hit before the upshift happens.
Mick

Post by Mick »

Thanks Lads.

I was thinking that it would be something like this. Actually drives pretty good in the trans department but I will play with that. Let me tell you a 4.11 diff gear really changes the life in the way the vehicle drives...:)

So if I were to play with the PPK speed pulses I'm thinging that when I log with a scan tool the speed reading will be corrected verses the speedo on the dash. Would this be correct. I could do the math to correct the PPK then confirm the settings with scan tool and GPS in the pcm.

Jaycar, Hummm every time I go there I allways walk out with something extra, very dangerous place for my wallet to be.

Thanks

Mick
Rev it up, Drop the clutch, See what happens.
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

the dash will read out without a corrector kit i have the same issue at jaycar i get a bit of oh one of them 10 of them 7 of those handfull of those oh and 10 of them LOL i could spend an hour there and still not get every part i would like
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem