VT $A5 V6 Definition Info

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
yoda69
cars: 2004 VYII Acclaim Wagon V6 Auto LPG/Petrol
2004 VYII Berlina sedan V6 Auto
2005 VZ Monaro CV8 manual

Re: VT $A5 V6 Definition Info

Post by yoda69 »

I have updated the first post with the above information.
If there is anything incorrect let me know, the last thing we need is more misinformation floating around.
Thanks.
yoda69

Post by yoda69 »

And we're finally away with a VT V6 xdf. :D
I have added the Variant F xdf to the first post, hopefully this will make sure people understand which files it will work with.
I'd like to thanks those people who reviewed it first and added their input, it has been much appreciated.
If anybody finds any errors or knows of any other table, flag positions, etc, please let me know and I'll add them in and update.
I have a version C which I need to review and update based on errors I had in this, hopefully get it loaded in the next few days.

Good Luck
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Awesome! It looks like its got most the main tables cleanly defined! Im sure that'll get a lot of people started tuning VTV6.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

THATS AWESOME!!!
Only thing I noticed which it is factory fine but if people want to use a bigger maf it would be good to extend the maf tables to 10 scales(Klamker go from 0 to 9 so 10 in total) but sorry to be picky just a sugestion, as I think scales only to 8 will only register smaller amount of flow, so 10 would be nice for higher induction(forced)!
BUT SERIOUSLY NICE WORK!!! :punk:
antus
Site Admin
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute

Post by antus »

That would be nice, but thats more work than just adding a couple of columns to the definition, the program also needs to be modified to be aware of it and to use it.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

nice work yoda they will be a great asset to the diy tuning community thats for sure just grabbed a copy will check it out later when the soldering iron isnt cranking :mrgreen:
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
antus
Site Admin
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute

Post by antus »

I can see were going to need a "how to tune MAF" article soon. I know the XDF looks good, but I wouldnt have a clue what to do with 8 MAF scaler tables yet. Does anyone know of a good writeup on the net somewhere?
ejukated

Post by ejukated »

You'd tune them the same way as you would a VE table, except its only 2D. So log AFR error vs Maf freq and apply your correction. Try to keep the keep the curve smooth and the boundaries from one table to another the same. ie Table 1 ends at 3.05khz and Table 2 starts at 3.05khz so they should be the same or very similar to avoid any wierd interpolation.
yoda69

Post by yoda69 »

If you have a look in the MAF Info topic I started, I've posted a spreadsheet that shows this reasonably clearly (well I think so anyway).
https://pcmhacking.net/forums/view ... f=26&t=230
A good starting point for tuning Maf is http://www.thirdgen.org/techboard/diy-p ... nning.html
While not all the tables listed in this article are in the xdf, give me a bit of time and I'll see what I can find :)
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

the maf tables are only really for large changes in fueling there is a seperate table for the fine tuning for each cell done rpm vs grams a second most MAF xdf's dont have it defined so people cheat and just fudge the maf scalers .maf tables shouldnt really need changing
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem