Evil V6

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
Evil_v6

Evil V6

Post by Evil_v6 »

G'day,
I am looking to put a vt v6 into my boat. now i want to retain the original computer if possible, can you tell me if this would be possible? no speed sensor not gear box, just motor.
any help would be great
thanks
Ben
Holden202T

Re: Evil V6

Post by Holden202T »

well you can probably do it with either engine but i would try and find a manual computer as it will probably make it easier ....

you'll need to disable the anti theft but that shouldn't be too hard .... while your at it you'll probably want to disable a few other things to stop it whinging about no gearbox etc .....

the other option you have is to run it on an older computer from the vn-vp .... this is probably only an advantage if you want to tune it and / or run a map sensor....

either way its totally doable.
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

by far the easiest is really the vn ecu swap like holden202 has done with his ecotech in his torana .either way its gonna need a tune done to delete security on the late model loom or fueling and timing changes on the older vn ecu but holden202 may be able to help you out with something there if you ask nice when you are ready :mrgreen:
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

yeah once $12P is released i will be putting a cal on the forum of my tune!