vn holden 6pin aldl plug

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
miloman
cars: vn holden

vn holden 6pin aldl plug

Post by miloman »

Is there a usb to the 6pin aldl plug for the vn v8 auto ecu?
This plug here Image
My laptop doesnt hhave any serial ports its all usb .
Or is there a betterway ie does Ostrich 2.0 work with this ecu by plugging into where the memcal goes?
Jayme

Re: vn holden 6pin aldl plug

Post by Jayme »

go on ebay and buy an FTDI usb > serial adapter, they have been proven compatible.
to connect that to the ecu you can make a serial aldl cable: http://www.home.aone.net.au/~techedge/vehicle/2tran.gif but the VN data is slow as and you will find it unbearable.
a better way to go is to buy the VN high speed data mod off VL400 as shown here: https://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=71
then run your ECU off a VR manual bin ( it still has the torque converter lockup code for VN auto :D ) and yes ou can plug a moates ostrich straight into the memcal and realtime it.
miloman

Post by miloman »

think i will go grab a moates ostrich then thanks for the info :driving:
oh do i need any other the adapters to make it fit?
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

just be careful, I am not sure but I am under the impression the moates ostrich is only for emulating the bin, you still cant get sensor data without an aldl cable
miloman

Post by miloman »

k will see what VL400 has really want all the data
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

with vl400's serial for aldl and the ostrich for tuning youll be sweet you need to pull the eprom out of the memcal and put a socket in its place for the emulator ribbon cable to plug into
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
miloman

Post by miloman »

Yeah sent vl400 a pm just waiting to hear back , cant wait to get it all setup and running on the dyno at work
miloman

Post by miloman »

Does anyone know which socket to use with the ostrich 2.0 to plug it into the vn ecm?
I ordered the ostrich as well as the g1 g4 and g3 adaptors or is there another i would need?
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

just a standard 28pin 0.6" machine tooled eprom socket moates sell them i have 60 if you cant find any LOL
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Note that you wouldnt plug in direct to the ecu, you'd butcher a memcal and remove the eprom, and install one of the sockets delcowizzid mentioned instead, then that is the location you can use with the ostrich.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396