vn holden 6pin aldl plug

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
miloman
cars: vn holden

Re: vn holden 6pin aldl plug

Post by miloman »

Is it normal to be at 100kpa on the ve map by 55% throttle? or is something wrong? also cant seem to get scanner pro to read vehicle speed correctly it shows me doing like 7-19km/h down the highway lol
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

yes it is possibly to reach 100kpa at 50% throttle ... as for your highway speeds .... got no idea why its showing that reading .... if the speedo is fine then i would assume theres nothing wrong with the sensor on the gearbox .....

has the tune in the car been changed ? could be wrong PPK value thats telling the computer your doing alot less than you really are eg. a VR v6 number is totally different to that of vn/vp!
miloman

Post by miloman »

using the ose$12s bin and yeah speedo reads fine in the car just not in scanner pro
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

need to change the PPK setting to vn spec its set on vr pulses per km which is way high compared to vn its 1250.05 for vn set that and it will read normal again :mrgreen:
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
miloman

Post by miloman »

yeah thought it might be something like that, though what do i do about the ve table with it reading 100kpa at 55% throttle ,mean i got a vaccum leak or does it need a settings change also?
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

nar it depends on what RPM you are at, its quite normal to be at half throttle and 100 Kpa at low rpm, the throttle required for 100kpa increases as revs increase.
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

thats why its important to do WOT logs to tune the 100kpa area i do all my 100kpa tuning from a stand still and stomp the pedal to the floor and hold it there through the gears auto of coarse its the only way to make sure you get correct 100kpa tuning due to being able to get 100kpa with full throttle
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
miloman

Post by miloman »

thanks for the advice delco.
only other thing that seems out of wack is the engine rpm car dash shows like 3000rpm when scannerpro only shows 2400rpm is there a different ration for this too like the vehichle speed?
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

well as long as the tune is set to v6 and the memcal is as well the ecu should be correct .the factory rev counters have been known to be out by a lot
miloman

Post by miloman »

got a v8 5L in my car not a v6 :P