vn holden 6pin aldl plug

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
delcowizzid

Re: vn holden 6pin aldl plug

Post by delcowizzid »

ah LOL same deal :mrgreen:
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
miloman
cars: vn holden

Post by miloman »

hmm ok recorded a 30min drive around town and got the average blm readings for each rpm/kpa matching the tune in some cases i had an average blm of like 120 (which is rich right?)
so i divide 120 by 128 to get 0.93% then multiply the ve value by the 0.93 to lean it out to give me an average 128 right?

did the above for the both the low and high rpm ve tables saved the bin put it in the ostrich 2.0 went for another drive and recorded again but now im getting values like 110 blm average am i doing this wrong?
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

ah if its like $12P its got the later style of 100% being perfect 120 is adding fuel might be where you have gone wrong dont quote me on it but thats my guess :mrgreen:
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

tell me what adx your using and i can tell you how its calibrated....
miloman

Post by miloman »

vr_$12_v1.03.adx by you :)
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

it looks like its calibrated for 100% so if its above 100% its lean, if its below 100% then its too rich!

so pretty simply, whatever percentage your getting in your cells is what you should be able to multiple the ve cells by.
miloman

Post by miloman »

finally sorted out why no matter how much i leaned it out the car was running really rich , seems theres a difference between some of the v8 memcals knock sensor board side, the knock sensor board and the chips underneath it.(remember when i bought the car the ecu and memcal was missing)
The one i was trying to use was originally an ATFL. constantly ran really rich no matter what bin file i ran on it, i got thick black smoke out of the exhaust.
So i borrowed a mates comp and stuck it in it ran fine no smoke, so first though was ok something is wrong the the comp, i tried several comps using my memcal no change .
Only other option left was the memcal so i took his out and tried it in my comp again good no smoke. took the cover off and notice the knocksensor board side of the memcal looked a bit different to mine (his was an ATJN) both vn v8 auto memcals with knock sensor board.
So i looked around an manage to get my hans on another ATJN memcal put a socket in it and the bigger chip put the ose$12bin with hsv cals on it, all ran good no more running really rich woohoo!!. now i should be able to finally tune it properly
vn5000
cars: vn v8 commodore

Post by vn5000 »

Sounds like the original memcal you had may have been for a v6.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

yeah, either that or had a bad connection on the cylinder selection resistors (which look like chips under the knock filter board).
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
miloman

Post by miloman »

prob a bad connection then as it is an original ATFL which is a v8 memcal
only thing now its with the other one i would get a gear change at 80 and another right before 100km/h so it coasted along nicely on the highway, this one i only get the change at 80 drove it upto 120 and still no gear change revs were getting pretty high then so im guessing not getting top gear?