VNV8 stroker injector scaling

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
blackvr
cars: VNV8 Commodore

VNV8 stroker injector scaling

Post by blackvr »

Guys, As mentioned before, I am a little new to Delco tuning , but have heaps of eprom tuning experience with other makes. Friend has a VQ Statesman that I'm building a stroker 383 for. I plan on upgrading to the VS supercharged injectors. I'm using the $5D XDF to read the bin etc. Theres a lot of tables, but generally only 2 I can see for general spark and fuel tuning. I've looked... but is there a scaler for injector sizing to change from the stock injectors to the higher flow injectors.

Also, is there a "bible" some one canlink me to to help explain some of the tables functions etc ??

Thanks Mike
delcowizzid

Re: VNV8 stroker injector scaling

Post by delcowizzid »

yeas there is its called kinjflow in the top window of the $5D xdf .to work out the figure to add in there the maths is injector size in Lb/hr X 454/60/60=XXXX then devide 1 by xxx then devide that by 2 so that is, 36 X 454=16344 16344/60/60=4.54 1 / 4.54 = 0.22026 0.22026/2=0.110 then multipy by cylinder size so for a stock v6 the figures are 0.110 X .633=0.069 this is the number you put in kinjflow if you give me the cylinder size i can do the maths if you want
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
blackvr

Post by blackvr »

Ahh .. found it buried in the scaler tables. Any clues as to the LB/hr flow for the standard VNV8 vs VSV6 supercharged injectors ?? Mike
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

stock vn-vp 18 or 19lb 355 215i stroker bluetops 24lb super 6 36lb
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
blackvr

Post by blackvr »

Thanks for info. Rather than going thru the maths ( not a big deal for me), wouldnt you just do a straight per centage ratio calculation ie newKINJFLOW = old KINJFLOW(grams/sec) x( new inj ( lbs/hr) / old inj (lbs/hr) ) ??
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

i just allways work it out straight off the figures its easy and ingrained in my head i just grab the calculator or now i use holden202's spreadsheet punch the numbers in and away i go
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

For the simple way of getting a rough kinjflow value you can do this (the injector flow constant also takes into account cyl displacement so will need to do two things)
(New Disp/ Old Disp) * Current KINJFLOW = New KINJFLOW
(Old Inj/ New Inj) * Current KINJFLOW = New KINJFLOW

The only one thats not a linear change is if you change fuel pressure...
Square root of (new pressure/old pressure) * Current KINJFLOW = New KINJFLOW