VT $A6 Holden V8 Definition Info

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
yoda69
cars: 2004 VYII Acclaim Wagon V6 Auto LPG/Petrol
2004 VYII Berlina sedan V6 Auto
2005 VZ Monaro CV8 manual

Re: VT $A6 Holden V8 Definition Info

Post by yoda69 »

Updates thanks to The1. :thumbup:

:driving: :driving: :driving:
sparx-1
cars: Vs ute Running VT 304 engine n PCM
Vs v6 auto sedan

Post by sparx-1 »

Hi all just playing with the lean cruise and found when modifying the Air Fuel Delta Vs RPM and CYLAIR table.
when i enter a value in eg 1 and execute it. It displays 1 for example but after
i press commit changes and repen the table it has the number -26.14 not 1.
Thanks to VL400 below is the way to fix it :D

The lean cruise delta issue is an XDF problem, if you edit the lean cruise item (open it and then press f2) set it to Signed (under the cell data size heading).
sparx-1
Vs v6 auto sedan

Post by sparx-1 »

I have been looking through the VT $A6 xfd's and i have noticed, Open Loop AFR Vs mgc Vs RPM Table ends at 4800RPM.
Should there be a Open Loop AFR (extension) Vs mgc Vs RPM Table from 4800rpm to 6400rpm?
If not how is fuel calculated beyond 4800rpm is it done using the figure in 4800 or is there a hidden table some where?
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

yeah they usually just use the last rows numbers for anything above them.
sparx-1
Vs v6 auto sedan

Post by sparx-1 »

Oh ok :( I guess thats not the end of the world cause its a stock cam and ballancer.
Do you know of any one that is working on a vt 5l tune with simular functions like $12p tune eg

Table Size Increase...
-----Spark - 400-9600RPM
-----AFR - 400-9600RPM
More Knock Functions
Controlled Canister Purge tables
Larger MAF
It doesnt hurt to dream, Looks like i might have to swap the loom and pcm to use $12p tune though :wall:
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

Unless your building a pretty wild engine there is normally enough functions to get it running pretty well on standard A6 code. The knock control of the VT PCM is FAR superior to the '808, canister purge can be setup in the A6 cal and your only limited by total airflow (in software) so a larger MAF can be fitted - what is your target HP?
sparx-1
Vs v6 auto sedan

Post by sparx-1 »

Early next year i will be putting my nos kit on that i have thats when the extended rpm tables would be handy.
But for now i want to get some use of the new engine and get confident with the software.

I will have to keep searching on the canister purge all i can find is how to turn it off and on.
Is there a way i can alter its dutcycle over rpm vs mgc?

I do have another built 355 stroker engine that i took out its sitting in the shed.
it has a v1 trim blower and Wolf V500 ecu it Dyno at 450rwhp@11psi but that engine isnt sutiable for the driving long distances i will be doing for work over the next 12 months with the 252/257 cam.
The1

Post by The1 »

the knock and canister purge stuff is in there just not defined, for me it's finding the time atm. With openloop being limited to 4800rpm they never saw the need as open loop typically is only used for less than 1min during warmup. Which XDF are you using and would like extra things added to? I can put it on my list, not sure if anyone else has the time?
sparx-1
Vs v6 auto sedan

Post by sparx-1 »

Thanks The1,
That would be great if you could add it to the bottom of your list :thumbup:
I am keen to learn so im trying to read as much as i can so may be one day i can add these things.
Isnt open loop the fueling under full throttle? Or can i just adjust the Injector Rate Constant Vs mg/cyl Vs RPM,

I am using
VT V8 V1.4 $A6C.xdf
VT_$A6_v1.01.adx
cfzf bin loaded with cfzc cal to make a 304 VT195kw engine tune

Cheers
The1

Post by The1 »

fueling under full throttle is Power Enrichment, open loop is usually just used while warmup is done, when the o2's come online and the rest of the criteria is met it then goes into closed loop. The injector rate table will modify fueling, so if your BLM's in closed loop are out you can tune it back in using that table.