help - VS V8 Auto with $83 bin

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
Holden202T

help - VS V8 Auto with $83 bin

Post by Holden202T »

Ok not sure if anyone can help me.

trying to get a VS V8 Auto running after engine work and injector change - with the stock chip it does run but its VERY rich and pretty much stalls eventually without revs.

so got the BWCS file out of the chip no problems. trying to change injector constant and set checksum to AA and it basically gives me the finger and goes to limp mode.

So i've been scouring everything i can find to try and work out the right offset for the injector constant.

I've been told use $11 auto xdf and offset, doing this from 82B0 -> 82B1 and i get the right stock figure at .147 so that seems right, then change it to my new number (.090) and the only other change is checksum to AA then save and burn ... nothing .... no aldl, no engine light etc (this is with a realtime board in it with the stock memcal piggy backed onto it for cyl select and limp resistors).

so i'm wondering if the inj constant is not right and im actually screwing with the program code and not the cal ...

every xdf i find seems to have a different number in it and im pretty much buggered if i know if any of them are right at all...

so my question is, has anyone changed a $83 tune with regards to injectors and if so what is the offset for them !!
GONZO

Re: help - VS V8 Auto with $83 bin

Post by GONZO »

Have you tried using the stock bin in the realtime board? Just to make sure it isn't a hardware problem.
Which NVRAM are you using? DS1245?
Doctor Bob
cars: VN, VT

Post by Doctor Bob »

what injectors are you using?
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

ok worked it out .... when i extracted the bwcs9976 off his stock chip it must have corrupted one bit!

Code: Select all

H:\>fc /b bwcs9976.bin bwcs9976-sam.bin
Comparing files BWCS9976.BIN and BWCS9976-SAM.BIN
0000A66A: B1 00

H:\>
it appears the bwcs on this forum (dated 1999) is a good working one and mine had that one address difference!

car is now running pretty well and the tuning has begun!

Doctor Bob - injectors are 28lb units. Bosch 0-280-150-945