Newbie questions from a dumbe arse

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
moot
cars: vn ss

Newbie questions from a dumbe arse

Post by moot »

Hey guys,i have some newbie questions,i'm pretty computer illiterate,so please bare with me :mrgreen:

i have a vn ss with a 355.to get the car running i had greenfoam from sc do me a up a tune.the tune is quite good but pretty soft.

what i want to do is take it to my dyno guy to get it tuned on the dyno.he wants to tune it in real time.he hasnt used a tunerpro before but is pretty keen to give it a go.

so what bits and pieces do i need to be able to tune in real time? i have downloaded tunerpro RT,but what hardware and software will i need?

my dyno guy wants me to get all the bits i need so he can just do the tuning.

thanks guys.
8-)
gary
jezza351
cars: vr ss comodooree

Re: Newbie questions from a dumbe arse

Post by jezza351 »

Hi mate i have tunerpro rt , an ostrich 2.0 which you can purchase from www.moates.net and also you will need a programmer to write your new memcal program onto your existing one and a uv light eraser or you could just get an erasable eeprom to suit your standard memcal size or a bigger one and and stack the file, i use a willem programmer which you can buy from ebay and they also sell the uv light erasers on there as well , underneath the little memcal code sticker on the eprom there is a window which is used to erase the memory on the eprom you only need to sit it under the uv light for 20min or so then its good to program. they also sell memcal headers on moates website you will need the 28 pin memcal header to connect the memcal to the willem programer. As for setting up the ostrich for real time you will need a memcal which is the same as your model and remove the eprom out of it and solder in a 28 pin DIP socket into the eproms place which come with the ostrich when you purchase it. you then attach the cable from the ostrich and then to the memcal then plug the memcal into the computer and load the xdf and bin file for your car and away you go. i use the ostrich and tunerpro rt reguarlly on the dyno and it works great, thanks to the fellas who do the hard work and write definition files for different models makes tuning very easy. Hope that helps
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Re: Newbie questions from a dumbe arse

Post by antus »

you need one of vl400's nvram boards, and an aldl interface. Alternatively a moates ostrich 2 could be used, but once the tuning is done you'll need to but the tune back on a standard memcal and some features like VE learn wont work with it.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396