hi! new to the forum

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
brodz
cars: VN Clubsport #302

hi! new to the forum

Post by brodz »

hey guys, i signed uo because i seen some interesting information about the delco ECU and making it a tuneable ECU, i also seen some factory tunes including the 200kw HSV 5000i motor tune. i currently own a vn clubsport which is a 180kw tune. is it possible to load the 200kw tune to the ecu and will it be safe? i probably sound like a newb but i gotta ask. if any1 can help me out it would b much appreciated. i work in the electronics trade so making plugs and pulling shit apart isnt to hard for me thanks guys
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Re: hi! new to the forum

Post by VL400 »

Welcome along to the forum brodz.

I am pretty sure the 200kw tune is designed for a 5L that has a different cam to yours, the 200kw motors are pretty close to (or the same as?) a grp A motor minus the twin throttle body intake. The 180kw tune is designed to run on a standard 5L with HSV bolt-ons, however with some tuning can make more power.
brodz
cars: VN Clubsport #302

Post by brodz »

can u sugest way to make more power through tuning
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

well theres only 2 things you change by tuning, fuel and spark. you need to use a wideband oxygen sensor to get fuel ratios perfect accross your whole rev range. to do the spark, you can eiter keep adding spark advance till you have maximum power without pinging OR you go put it on a dyno and keep increasing spark till the torque peaks then starts dropping again.
that being said, it is still a bit of an art.