VP V6 no injector pulse

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
yoda69
cars: 2004 VYII Acclaim Wagon V6 Auto LPG/Petrol
2004 VYII Berlina sedan V6 Auto
2005 VZ Monaro CV8 manual

Re: VP V6 no injector pulse

Post by yoda69 »

Might be a long shot, but check when cranking that you still have 12v ignition power.
Have seen some retrofits where when you go from key Run position to crank the 12V ignition feed to the ECU drops out.
vs ss
cars: hsv enhanced vs ss
vt xu6
fb holden
toyota landcruiser
vt ss s1

Post by vs ss »

If the engine is pre vt and has the 3wire oil switch it normal for the pump to run on if the engine is holding oil pressure.
Has the engine been sitting for a long time by any chance? Cause it’s not the first time I’ve had all the injectors stick shut or get the baskets full of loose scale from a left open fuel rail. The fact you say it has fuel and the injector power is pulsing when turning over this is all it could really be.
Last edited by vs ss on Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hilux86
cars: 1986 toyota hilux
1994 ED falcon

Post by hilux86 »

thanks, will check 12v feed to ECU while cranking. Yes the engine has not run for over 12 months (was running fine when pulled from donor car). What can be done to Un-stick the injectors?
vs ss
vt xu6
fb holden
toyota landcruiser
vt ss s1

Post by vs ss »

Also just double check you’re getting injection pulse. The fact you’re still getting auto codes makes me think someone might not of done their job properly on the memcal. There is a mob on eBay atm that I had to fix up three tunes that caused issues and big headache for the owners when vats wasn’t off like they payed for :roll: If you need someone to check or burn another one I will help but I’m on the other side of Aussie, so hopefully someone closer will help you out if you get stuck.
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

vs ss wrote:If the engine is pre vt and has the 3wire oil switch it normal for the pump to run on if the engine is holding oil pressure.
Has the engine been sitting for a long time by any chance? Cause it’s not the first time I’ve had all the injectors stick shut or get the baskets full of loose scale from a left open fuel rail. The fact you say it has fuel and the injector power is pulsing when turning over this is all it could really be.
I had the same issue once on a EB falcon and VR 5L. At least with the falcon it had exposed pintles so I could push on them to crack them open but on the VR I was unable to free them due to being completely internal so I replaced all injectors with a set of known good ones.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
hilux86
cars: 1986 toyota hilux
1994 ED falcon

Post by hilux86 »

Problem was 6x blocked fuel injectors, replaced injectors and started straight away. Thanks for the advice.
vs ss
vt xu6
fb holden
toyota landcruiser
vt ss s1

Post by vs ss »

Great to hear, thanks for letting us know.